Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Did you get a peek at the shipping charge?

I'm not interested in it.  Just thought I'd post it, as it is a GL.

The laser cut is $450 on the site.

Actually for a 36 lbs pound package, it is not a bad rate for NY to LV

• Like 1

Here's a house I haven't seen before - a Briarwood Manor built from plans: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/d/vintage-victorian-dollhouse/6581056110.html

I found the plans on eBay. They look like those Jacqueline Kerr Deiber planbooks, but the designer of this house is named Jim Jordan: https://www.ebay.com/itm/INSTRUCTION-BOOK-TO-MAKE-BRIARWOOD-MANOR-VICTORIAN-DOLLHOUSE-42-HIGH-/351672188961

Also this sturdy-looking house is down to $65, it was $100 when I first posted the link a week or two ago: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/art/d/dollhouse/6580128836.html

32 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I'm not interested in it.  Just thought I'd post it, as it is a GL.

The laser cut is $450 on the site.

Actually for a 36 lbs pound package, it is not a bad rate for NY to LV

And shipping for the on site one is about $39.00. It's not a bad shipping rate for such a large package. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SewMini said:

OMG How did I not see the Beaumont before?! That's like my dream house!

but you saw it now!!!!!  I was fortunate enough to have @1martinimomma run across an Artply Granville and there was a buy it now option!  I am the lucky new owner of a Granville mint in box kit =)  Happy Mothers day to me! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roseleigh said:

I love that house!! Love the attic. What a lot of work it was. Beautiful. Thank you for posting it. :)

That was a fun post. And I think their price is reasonable for all that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

That was a fun post. And I think their price is reasonable for all that. 

I agree. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to drive around the country in a Uhaul and buy treasures like this. :D It is fun to dream. :)

11 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

but you saw it now!!!!!  I was fortunate enough to have @1martinimomma run across an Artply Granville and there was a buy it now option!  I am the lucky new owner of a Granville mint in box kit =)  Happy Mothers day to me! 

Happy Mother's day indeed! I am so excited for you.

• Like 1

I purchased a beautiful chandelier on Ebay and it arrived with many pieces not where they should be and the end cap finial of the chandelier broken off.  It's insured, but the insurer wants a letter or estimate to repair or total loss is out.  As fas as I know there doesn't exist a repair shop for miniatures lol....can someone post me in the right direction or suggest someone (maybe themselves) that has enough experience to write me that letter so I can get reimbursed for what I spent?  Any help would be greatly appreciated from you all. Here are purchase and how it arrived pics

s-l1600.jpg

5825.1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

I purchased a beautiful chandelier on Ebay and it arrived with many pieces not where they should be and the end cap finial of the chandelier broken off.  It's insured, but the insurer wants a letter or estimate to repair or total loss is out.  

s-l1600.jpg

Susie , who said that the insurer needed a letter? The seller?

• Like 1

Just now, havanaholly said:

OMG!  The seller ought to reimburse you.

That is right Holly! Susie, if the seller didn't mention it was broken then it is not your responsibility to provide letters for insurers. Tell him/her to reimburse you. If they don't then put in a claim to PayPal. 

13 hours ago, WestPaces said:

MMMwaaaaa I want this, somebody please tell me to step away from the laptop!!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/397022993/?ref=Search

It's advertised as New Garfield Dollhouse that is great for children. :D  No mention that it is a complicated kit to be built by adults. And the box appears to have been opened and taped up, so not exactly NIB. Who knows what's missing? But $85 -- what a deal!

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

It's advertised as New Garfield Dollhouse that is great for children. :D  No mention that it is a complicated kit to be built by adults. And the box appears to have been opened and taped up, so not exactly NIB. Who knows what's missing? But $85 -- what a deal!

Hmm I see now it was advertised 4 months ago... I made an offer anyway :D

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/d/1980s-large-wooden-doll-house/6573651429.html

ohmygosh!!  I have been ignoring this listing only because they are asking $450.....so today I decided to "just take a look"....and oh. my. gosh. It is "just down the road" from me!!  AAAAACCCKKK!!!!  :eek:

It says $450 OBO - - so what would be a reasonable offer for this? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbnmini said:

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/d/1980s-large-wooden-doll-house/6573651429.html

ohmygosh!!  I have been ignoring this listing only because they are asking $450.....so today I decided to "just take a look"....and oh. my. gosh. It is "just down the road" from me!!  AAAAACCCKKK!!!!  :eek:

It says $450 OBO - - so what would be a reasonable offer for this? 

I would go even lower than Westpaces - and I'd start at $200. But $300 would be reasonable. I assume they will come back to barter, but sometimes they will just accept it.

Because it's a deal for $200! $450 isn't over priced, but it is a lot of $$$ for something that will take a lot of work.

So I happen to have a copy of the catalog pages that includes that Houseworks Victorian. The wholesale price in 1990 was $360 (without components). Not that that is very relevant. The company, The Dollhouse, Inc., was based here in Atlanta. I have another house made by them, and I can attest to the great workmanship. Hope you get a good deal! :) 

On 5/8/2018, 6:07:18, WestPaces said:

That is right Holly! Susie, if the seller didn't mention it was broken then it is not your responsibility to provide letters for insurers. Tell him/her to reimburse you. If they don't then put in a claim to PayPal. 

Filing Domestic Claims

What do you need to file a domestic claim?

A Tracking or Label Number

The tracking or label number is found on your online label record, package label, mailing receipt, or sales receipt. Tracking and label numbers are between 13 and 34 characters.

Example: 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00

If you don't see a number like that, look for a string of 20, 22, 26, 30, or 34 numbers.

Proof of Value

Proof of value can include:

• A sales receipt
  • A paid invoice or paid bill of sale
  • Statement of value and/or estimates of repair costs from a reputable dealer
  • A credit card billing statement
  • Receipt of costs incurred for reconstruction of non-negotiable documents
  • Printouts of the online transaction identifying the purchaser and seller, price paid, date of transaction, description of item purchased, and assurance that the transaction status is completed

Evidence of Insurance Purchased

Evidence of insurance includes:

• The original mailing receipt issued at the time of mailing
  • The outer packaging showing the names and addresses of the sender and the addressee and the proper label showing that the article was sent insured
  • A printed electronic online label record or a computer printout from the application used to print the label and purchase the insurance
 Sorry this didn't copy all. Couldn't delete

Proof of Damage

Photos that clearly show the extent of damage will help with your case. For damaged claims, you’ll also need to provide an estimate of the repair costs from a reputable dealer.

If you received something damaged, please hang onto the original packaging and the damaged item until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later. Please do not reship the package.

• Like 1