Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

that was funny!

That seems like a nice/fair market deal if everything is included.

I thought so too, she doesn't mention if everthing is included...

14 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I've seen it listed at that price on and off for about 4 years - that I've noticed. I guess she loves it enough not to want to part with it unless she got A LOT for it. She priced a Franklin Mint house (which I also have) at 80k, and she had redone some of the wallpaper and added some Reutter items and that seemed to be about it. I also love mine and won't part with it, but I don't bother listing it on ebay for fantastical prices. I guess in a way it is marketing for her museum?

Doe she have to pay to list all those? 

The irony is the Franklin Mint house would be worth less after she has changed stuff.

6 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

The irony is the Franklin Mint house would be worth less after she has changed stuff.

I know right?

The one she changed around was the harder one to find - the Christmas house. lol.

I do really like those Franklin Mint houses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Me too, that’s because we’ve both been lurking around his work lately. 

HIhihihi! I can't help myself. I just spent an hour trying to find where Chris explained how he got the bathroom fixtures to look like porcelain - and it was here on Greenleaf all along ppfff:) 

5 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Cute 1:24 with interesting windows and nice floors - listing says "gator board or equivalent" - ??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-scale-Lovely-brick-professionally-made-house-some-of-electrical-needs-TLC/401538772931

Gatorboard is like sturdy foamcore. My Spanish revival artist's studio is gatorboard, this blog post shows what it looked like "naked", to give you an idea of the material.

That same seller also has a Bill Lankford cottage up for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-scale-cottage-dollhouse-from-a-Bill-Lankford-class-unfinished-interior-VGC/183227754883

I have the same cottage (also an eBay purchase) and just like this one, mine was finished on the outside and totally untouched inside. I guess he offered classes to finish the exterior and people did their own interiors, but it makes me wonder how many people got home after class and just never did anything with it! (Although I guess since it's fully enclosed, it would be tempting to focus on the outside and leave the inside alone.)

3 hours ago, WestPaces said:

HIhihihi! I can't help myself. I just spent an hour trying to find where Chris explained how he got the bathroom fixtures to look like porcelain - and it was here on Greenleaf all along ppfff:) 

OK do tell where is his explanation on how to make them look like porcelain. I have a really nice set I have to  make and paint for my next house.

4 hours ago, WestPaces said:
On 5/15/2018, 9:46:35, WestPaces said:

On 5/14/2018, 8:57:10, WestPaces said:

This is Kathie: I do not know what is with the multiple responses. I wanted to comment that although the silver dinner set is to drool over, the thought of keeping it polished slows me down almost more than the price. :D 

55 minutes ago, NellBell said:

OK do tell where is his explanation on how to make them look like porcelain. I have a really nice set I have to  make and paint for my next house.

It's here  Nell Marie, you have to scroll down to see Chris's reply to Holly (Havanaholly) http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=39559

14 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

But Kathie, surely that's why the lady of the house has a scullery maid :D

She may, but I don't. *sigh*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WestPaces said:

That is lovely - my only complaint is the forks. They are a little rough. The plates and knives are gorgeous.

I was lazily clicking through the photos of this estate sale and my heart stopped when I hit #10: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/gms/d/amazing-vintage-eclectic-san/6590402981.html

My first thought was that it's a Jim Marcus, but it can't be with those Houseworks windows. Still, it looks like it could be something special. I don't have space for something that big but I'd like to see it in person, so I'll probably go down there and take a look at it tomorrow (and hope it's still there when I do!) The ad says the sale has been going since Thursday so it could be long gone. Wish I'd seen this sooner!

• Like 1

Afton classics custom dollhouse

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Handmade-Dollhouse-With-Porch-NIB-Ready-To-Be-Built/113002767847?hash=item1a4f7d65e7:g:KYAAAOSwPapbAFh-

IMG_0286_zps98a3cb84.jpg I love seeing vintage houses NIB, and there was actually an image available.

5 hours ago, fov said:

I was lazily clicking through the photos of this estate sale and my heart stopped when I hit #10: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/gms/d/amazing-vintage-eclectic-san/6590402981.html

My first thought was that it's a Jim Marcus, but it can't be with those Houseworks windows. Still, it looks like it could be something special. I don't have space for something that big but I'd like to see it in person, so I'll probably go down there and take a look at it tomorrow (and hope it's still there when I do!) The ad says the sale has been going since Thursday so it could be long gone. Wish I'd seen this sooner!

Please let us know what it's like if you get to see it Emily

:)