Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

Remember the posting for this house?  https://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/d/1980s-large-wooden-doll-house/6573651429.html

Well, yesterday I saw that she also had it listed on Facebook Marketplace.....and since the house is literally "just down the road" from where I live....*sigh* I wrote her a note about how much I was admiring it and wondered if I could at least come to see it.  

So yeah. Who is taking bets that I will make a big announcement on my latest purchase next week!?  :eek::doh:

That house is a beast but oh what a canvas to work on.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, jbnmini said:

Remember the posting for this house?  https://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/d/1980s-large-wooden-doll-house/6573651429.html

Well, yesterday I saw that she also had it listed on Facebook Marketplace.....and since the house is literally "just down the road" from where I live....*sigh* I wrote her a note about how much I was admiring it and wondered if I could at least come to see it.  

So yeah. Who is taking bets that I will make a big announcement on my latest purchase next week!?  :eek::doh:

Ooooh I hope you get it. It looks like a fun and rambling manse.

Here is an overly simple dollhouse being sold by Crate&Barrel or $200 (on clearance for $159!):

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/brownstone-dollhouse/s418902

I know little kids often need simpler dollhouses for safety reasons, but I really think it could be better than this.

The Fisher Price Sesame Street playset was a stellar miniature-brownstone experience compared to this. And that was in the 1970s. 

Comparison:

brownstone-dollhouse.jpgil_570xN.1427454014_4ow8.jpg?version=0

I had that Fisher Price Sesame Street set! My parents still have it, my niece and nephews play with it.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018, 1:03:21, WestPaces said:

Did anyone see the dollhouse further down in the list? The one with the tower? Of course, now it vanished when I went to look for it again to put a link to it.

I found a Noel Thomas house yesterday in Offerup. It had been listed three months ago and I emailed the person in the ad and I haven't heard back. I believe it's this house here, as the nameplate says 1976 and this is - sort of - what the house looks like. This pic is taken from Pat and Noel's site.

5b199418db89d_Noel__Pat_Thomas_Miniature

When I said sort of, I meant it. This is what it looks like now:

5b1995a11f0df_NT2(2).thumb.jpg.4f6885259

Here is the nameplate:

5b1995a5ce823_NT2(1).jpg.39cf3a8aa6193fe

I am sincerely hoping these people still have the house, as I'd like to restore it to the original as much as possible. Besides, they're offering it for only $30. That's a price I can afford. LOL

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jbnmini said:

Jackie, you know that house was built from a dollhouse plan book, right?

Many years ago Lowe's used to stock Greenleaf kits during Christmas; once I had a job that I could afford this hobby, they were no longer selling them.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Did anyone see the dollhouse further down in the list? The one with the tower? Of course, now it vanished when I went to look for it again to put a link to it.

I found a Noel Thomas house yesterday in Offerup. It had been listed three months ago and I emailed the person in the ad and I haven't heard back. I believe it's this house here, as the nameplate says 1976 and this is - sort of - what the house looks like. This pic is taken from Pat and Noel's site.

5b199418db89d_Noel__Pat_Thomas_Miniature

When I said sort of, I meant it. This is what it looks like now:

5b1995a11f0df_NT2(2).thumb.jpg.4f6885259

Here is the nameplate:

5b1995a5ce823_NT2(1).jpg.39cf3a8aa6193fe

I am sincerely hoping these people still have the house, as I'd like to restore it to the original as much as possible. Besides, they're offering it for only $30. That's a price I can afford. LOL

Oh I love the simplicity of it!

Alas, the inside is neither naked nor primed, and I thought I spotted hot glue globs oozing at some of the seams.  Too bad that someone started on the interior.

8 minutes ago, Soapz said:

Thanks for that Chris, some of them I'd spied, others not :)

That Dura-Craft San Franciscan's wallpaper looks the way it does because the builder didn't realize to spackle over the interior side of those exterior walls, which are tongue & groove sections of plywood, milled on the exterior side.  I didn't do that to the first two houses I built, because they look lovely and flat to the eye when done.  All of them appear to have been played with at some point.  Those Hacker houses are gorgeous!

6 hours ago, Soapz said:

No words necessary...........

Did you see the seller's name is "back door sales"? I never knew there was a black market for dollhouses....he obviously thinks there's one with that price!

48 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Did you see the seller's name is "back door sales"? I never knew there was a black market for dollhouses....he obviously thinks there's one with that price!

The listing indicates the country of origin as Chile and reports no brand name ... do you suppose that this is code and there's a little something in the box other than a wooden kit? :fear:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KathieB said:

The listing indicates the country of origin as Chile and reports no brand name ... do you suppose that this is code and there's a little something in the box other than a wooden kit? :fear:

:pimp:Hmm, you may be on to something

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

:pimp:Hmm, you may be on to something

Took me a while to figure out what you all were talking about and you really may be on to something . That site has so many things for $5,000 even a blow dryer . Hmm  :chat: 

• Like 2