Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

5457 posts in this topic

Thanks Carrie, and yes I did win it! Eagerly awaiting it's arrival, although it may be quite some time before I build it.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fov said:

I like it. I am a little hesitant about the way that upstairs rooms flips vertically...I find that unsettling. But i like the little side addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

Thanks Carrie, and yes I did win it! Eagerly awaiting it's arrival, although it may be quite some time before I build it.

yay!!!!! Im so happy you got it!  Mine is still sitting in the box and it will probably be sometime before its ready to go - I do have a folder of ideas for what I want it to look like.  Congratulations! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put this here but maybe it belongs somewhere else....can someone help me identify this house? @rodentraiser @fov I know theres many of you that have way more experience with houses then I do - this gentlemen's wife passed 8 years ago and is now getting to selling her collection.  It will be listed for sale as soon as we can identify house and approximate value.  If any of you have suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

IMG_7122.thumb.JPG.2c74de1e5f2508e3b34c77025724c4a3.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Joseph Angel dollhouse? I don't remember all the history, but if you search the forum you should find info about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fov said:

Looks like the Joseph Angel dollhouse? I don't remember all the history, but if you search the forum you should find info about it.

ok, so I am not crazy because I thought maybe it came along those lines.....I will look it up, thank you so much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The house was designed by Clell Boyce and made by Victorian Times Miniatures. They were based in the PNW, so your little house is a ways from home.

Tell the owner to look at the underside of the house. It should be signed and numbered. It's hard to put a value on a house like that. I bought one for $200 and I've seen them go for as much as $1000. The best bet for getting the most money would be through a collector and there probably aren't too many who wouldn't want a Joseph Angel house, but the big question is, will someone be able and willing to buy a house for the asking price. It's really only worth what someone will pay for it.

That's why I'd advertise the house with it's name and what's on the bottom. I'd start it at $500 maybe, and accept offers. A good house like that should sell in the $200 to $400 range, so it depends on how long he wants it to sit on the market. He could also take it in to a miniature shop and have it appraised.

I don't have mine anymore and even I'd like to get another one. Why do you have to live so far away from me? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh Kelly thank you so much for the info!  This is great information that I will pass along....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my Joseph Angel, I believe it was 2 years ago, off Los Angeles Craigslist for the asking price of $95.00.  It is signed, dated, numbered and in perfect condition.  Of course, had the additional expenses of a hotel, gas and time making the12 hour roundtrip but still well worth it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

 

The house was designed by Clell Boyce and made by Victorian Times Miniatures. They were based in the PNW, so your little house is a ways from home.

Tell the owner to look at the underside of the house. It should be signed and numbered. It's hard to put a value on a house like that. I bought one for $200 and I've seen them go for as much as $1000. The best bet for getting the most money would be through a collector and there probably aren't too many who wouldn't want a Joseph Angel house, but the big question is, will someone be able and willing to buy a house for the asking price. It's really only worth what someone will pay for it.

That's why I'd advertise the house with it's name and what's on the bottom. I'd start it at $500 maybe, and accept offers. A good house like that should sell in the $200 to $400 range, so it depends on how long he wants it to sit on the market. He could also take it in to a miniature shop and have it appraised.

I don't have mine anymore and even I'd like to get another one. Why do you have to live so far away from me? LOL

And it depends on where the house is. For example, I would expect that get $50 in my town. EVeryone wants a completely perfect and museum quality dollhouse for $100 here. For realz.. Including me. The thing is - I really have actually gotten stellar houses for under $100. So good luck - best to put effort into finding the right buyer if you want a specific price. Otherwise, it's a gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know, Jenn. The JA house I got for $200 was bought in Portland. Wait...did I just admit I way overpaid for a dollhouse? :headhurts:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

I don't know, Jenn. The JA house I got for $200 was bought in Portland. Wait...did I just admit I way overpaid for a dollhouse? :headhurts:

That's because *you* are the right buyer! lol!

Many others (myself included) are not going to make anyone money...we look for deals beyond he obvious deals. Plus, I got my Beacon Hill finally ($60 ka'ching!)  and now feel complete in 1:12 world.

OH - unless it is 1:48 scale and then all bets are off for me and I will throw everything I have at it to obtain it. We all have our weaknesses. :cucumber:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do I. I like the texture, too. I wonder if it's possible to just change the color with a magic marker or something.

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

That's because *you* are the right buyer! lol!

Many others (myself included) are not going to make anyone money...we look for deals beyond he obvious deals. Plus, I got my Beacon Hill finally ($60 ka'ching!)  and now feel complete in 1:12 world.

OH - unless it is 1:48 scale and then all bets are off for me and I will throw everything I have at it to obtain it. We all have our weaknesses. :cucumber:

 

Well, I don't have the JA house anymore, so....for the last couple of days I've been thinking of a Beacon Hill myself. Two of them, as a matter of fact. I'd like to take parts of one of them and add those parts, roofs and all, to the other Beacon Hill as extensions. I keep telling myself, "Self, you can't afford that and you don't have the room for another house."

Another house? I don't have the room for the one (and only one) I have sitting out right now. Besides, I have enough on my plate right now. I have a kit under the sofa, the Willowcrest is languishing in my car, and I have two other kits hidden behind my dresser. That's because I have a feeling I'll be thrown out of here if there's a room inspection and they see all these kits. I can only imagine what would happen if another kit were to follow me home.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Calling this one "antique folk art"  is a bit of a stretch. Old clutter yes, but antique folk art no. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Wooden-Folk-Art-Cotttage-Furnished-Dollhouse-Beige-With-Green-Shtters/232742336173

And where were those "shutters" mentioned in the listing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

So do I. I like the texture, too. I wonder if it's possible to just change the color with a magic marker or something.

The sofa is made by Lee's Line (now discontinued, I think). I used fabric paint on one of the checkered ones because I didn't like the fabric. It came out looking like leather. Not sure how it would work on the butternut sofa with the texture.

gallery_7_4935_78135.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fov said:

The sofa is made by Lee's Line (now discontinued, I think). I used fabric paint on one of the checkered ones because I didn't like the fabric. It came out looking like leather. Not sure how it would work on the butternut sofa with the texture.

gallery_7_4935_78135.jpg

Nice!

 

OK, well, Jenn, this is in your neck of the woods, but I'd thought I'd post it for everyone. This woman is selling a ton of Olszewski miniatures. I just emailed her to ask if she takes Paypal and if she would ship anything, plus prices on the several of them. I'll let you all know if she contacts me.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/clt/d/goebel-miniatures/6704224145.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Nice!

 

OK, well, Jenn, this is in your neck of the woods, but I'd thought I'd post it for everyone. This woman is selling a ton of Olszewski miniatures. I just emailed her to ask if she takes Paypal and if she would ship anything, plus prices on the several of them. I'll let you all know if she contacts me.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/clt/d/goebel-miniatures/6704224145.html

Good grief - at the end she says to ask for pricing on different ones...yawwwwnnn. That $1 thing that people do in the titles is so misleading to me. But those are cute little minis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

And where were those "shutters" mentioned in the listing?

I think "shtters" is more accurate, actually.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now