Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

5240 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I saw this listing last night.  They seem very proud of it, but ouch :headhurts: the work involved to get it in good condition.  Definitely a child's play house.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-The-Fairfield-Dollhouse/183788110410?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Haha, I saw that and had the same reaction. Maybe a case of parents seeing their child's achievements through a tinted lens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I take it by the listing title the 1930's - 1940's means most of the contents?  Certainly not the house as those are Houseworks windows and trims.  Many of the light fixtures are recent as well.  But I will say it is a beautiful collection!

I enjoyed looking, and it is a nice collection but is it me or the photos —everything seems so brown!?!!

and I recognize the house or house plans —not a 1930s-40s house. I think 70s. Especially with all the brown-yellow-cream decor. The kitchen looks 50s in decor. Lots of fun in there.

love this thread and all the photo links!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I enjoyed looking, and it is a nice collection but is it me or the photos —everything seems so brown!?!!

and I recognize the house or house plans —not a 1930s-40s house. I think 70s. Especially with all the brown-yellow-cream decor. The kitchen looks 50s in decor. Lots of fun in there.

love this thread and all the photo links!  

I think the roof leaks, some of the wallpaper has water or soda stains.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I take it by the listing title the 1930's - 1940's means most of the contents?  Certainly not the house as those are Houseworks windows and trims.  Many of the light fixtures are recent as well.  But I will say it is a beautiful collection!

Much of the furniture is Reminiscence from the early- to mid-80s, so that's definitely not 1930s or 40s either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I love the addition on this - is it the Washington or the Laurel? I forget. But I love this bash of it except that some rooms appear to have no doors...that sorta freaks me out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wood-hand-built-fully-furnished-6-room-dollhouse-27-H-x-32-W-x15-D-excellent/163662607245?

This is the Washington (I also like that addition on the listed one):

large.5741a2fa4033b_farmhousefrontyard.J

and this is the Laurel (which is roomier on the inside; go figure!):

gallery_8_1103_87952.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other pictures from the listing. Here is what the seller says:

 

This is a very rare dollhouse made by Majestic Minis for Shelly’s Dollhouse store (now out of business). It’s huge (you will need a truck or large vehicle). It needs to be finished, but it’s truly unique! It also come with the Cir-cut lighting kit. I don’t have room at my house for it.

33 1/3 inches wide
54 inches tall
51 inches long

I don’t deliver or ship

00A0A_3nsWSyG0Qmj_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_jZcCrFLN37h_1200x900.jpg

00101_llhSPG0DuVO_1200x900.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KellyA said:

Anyone near Sacramento? $100 (!!!) This has to be one of the best bargains I've seen. Those windows would cost more than that! I wonder if it's for real. From Craigslist .

This looks like a Majestic Mansion, Morningside Mansion dollhouse. The asking price is a give away!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You HAD to show us that!  I don't have room, either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i was in that area I would buy it even if i had to place it on my bed!! WAO! What a steal!!:drool2:

 

This posting claims that this is a Hofco kit, but the box clearly says that it is a Charmingland Dollhouses kit CK 420. Does anyone knows if Hofco made this kits or is a seller's mistake? She wants a lot for the kit maybe on the presumption that it is a Hofco kit, but... is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Dollhouse-Romantic-Victorian-House-Kit-Model-CK-420-Unbuilt-NIB/133007765919?hash=item1ef7e1719f:g:6rMAAOSw9bFcn~cx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

If i was in that area I would buy it even if i had to place it on my bed!! WAO! What a steal!!:drool2:

 

This posting claims that this is a Hofco kit, but the box clearly says that it is a Charmingland Dollhouses kit CK 420. Does anyone knows if Hofco made this kits or is a seller's mistake? She wants a lot for the kit maybe on the presumption that it is a Hofco kit, but... is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Dollhouse-Romantic-Victorian-House-Kit-Model-CK-420-Unbuilt-NIB/133007765919?hash=item1ef7e1719f:g:6rMAAOSw9bFcn~cx

CHARMINGLAND DOLLHOUSES trademark by HOFCO HOUSE, INC.  in WOODSBORO, , 21798.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jrchob said:

CHARMINGLAND DOLLHOUSES trademark by HOFCO HOUSE, INC.  in WOODSBORO, , 21798.

Thank you! I had no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

Thank you! I had no idea.

I think it looks like something from RGT......I don't understand the high prices associated with Hofco. I know they are made from upgraded wood, but sheesh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KellyA said:

Anyone near Sacramento? $100 (!!!) This has to be one of the best bargains I've seen. Those windows would cost more than that! I wonder if it's for real. From Craigslist . . .

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/art/d/foresthill-large-rare-dollhouse/6868754534.html

 

Shellys Dollhouse.jpg

How hard can it be? Fly into Sacramento. Hire a U-Haul, pick up the dollhouse, and drive back home. :roflmao:

4 hours ago, minilover62 said:

If i was in that area I would buy it even if i had to place it on my bed!! WAO! What a steal!!:drool2:

 

This posting claims that this is a Hofco kit, but the box clearly says that it is a Charmingland Dollhouses kit CK 420. Does anyone knows if Hofco made this kits or is a seller's mistake? She wants a lot for the kit maybe on the presumption that it is a Hofco kit, but... is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Dollhouse-Romantic-Victorian-House-Kit-Model-CK-420-Unbuilt-NIB/133007765919?hash=item1ef7e1719f:g:6rMAAOSw9bFcn~cx

I may be wrong, but I think they made 4 versions of the Charmingland houses.They all had a heart in a window somewhere. I think that's a bit pricey for that one. By maybe $600 or so... LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

I think it looks like something from RGT......I don't understand the high prices associated with Hofco. I know they are made from upgraded wood, but sheesh!

I think it's because one person puts their house on eBay for a high price and the rest follow suit. You notice none of these houses are really selling. I got my large Americana Hofco house off eBay for only $100, so they're out there. Somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Hofco, but I think that to ask for $15K they should at least post pictures that would help the prospect buyers justify paying this kind of $, at least on focus....https://www.etsy.com/listing/651678598/hofco-americana-dollhouse-fully?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Millie+Meter+dollhouse&ref=sr_gallery-2-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, $15K for a dollhouse filled with Heidi Ott dolls and Melissa and Doug furniture! The Hofco Americana dollhouse is not THAT rare. I have picked up two of them in the past year both under $100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Another Hofco, but I think that to ask for $15K they should at least post pictures that would help the prospect buyers justify paying this kind of $, at least on focus....https://www.etsy.com/listing/651678598/hofco-americana-dollhouse-fully?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Millie+Meter+dollhouse&ref=sr_gallery-2-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

I agree, if you are asking that much for a house make an effort to show its beauty.....bad pictures are a BIG pet peeve with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quit taking pictures with my "instant" disposable camera because the pictures, especially when I enlarged for the detail I wanted to show, was all fuzzy; now the only time I post new pictures in my albums is when my son the techie will take photos for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I quit taking pictures with my "instant" disposable camera because the pictures, especially when I enlarged for the detail I wanted to show, was all fuzzy; now the only time I post new pictures in my albums is when my son the techie will take photos for me.

That's too bad Holly. I wish you were closer because I would teach you how to upload from a SD card . If you have a point and shoot digital, it is fairly easy to do on a lap top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son showed me how to do the upload.  It's the digital camera itself that gives me fits; no matter how someone talks me through the process and I do everything correctly, when I push the button to take a photo the camera turns itself off; so I don't have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019, 10:02:48, minilover62 said:

If i was in that area I would buy it even if i had to place it on my bed!! WAO! What a steal!!:drool2:

 

This posting claims that this is a Hofco kit, but the box clearly says that it is a Charmingland Dollhouses kit CK 420. Does anyone knows if Hofco made this kits or is a seller's mistake? She wants a lot for the kit maybe on the presumption that it is a Hofco kit, but... is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hofco-Dollhouse-Romantic-Victorian-House-Kit-Model-CK-420-Unbuilt-NIB/133007765919?hash=item1ef7e1719f:g:6rMAAOSw9bFcn~cx

Don't know why anyone would pay so much for that when they could buy a RGT Vermont Farmhouse Jr. for much, much less and have the same house essentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now