Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

5243 posts in this topic

Mine was built from the Stanley Plans still available (link below). It's two rooms deep with a depth of 30". It's pretty big.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Colonial-Dollhouse-yourself-project/dp/B001UC58XG

I see pics of it too and in fact when I mentioned it in some post back a ways, I didn't dig out my pics, I just posted a generic pic of the house. I didn't claim it was a pic of mine (it was pretty obviously a stock photo regardless) but that mine was built to those plans. I guess to me that's just something that's very important. When I posted pics of a house to share, I identified in all caps with an exclamation mark that it was not one of mine. I do hope this doesn't sound like I'm being defensive because I'm not. I greatly appreciate other points of view. I was just so shocked to see that pic on a webpage marked available for sale that I did not give benefit of the doubt and posted in a bit of a huff. This one could just be another case of an Amish Built (RGT kit) dollhouse maybe, LOL. I'm dropping it. Like everything, I suppose it's Caveat Emptor and not my problem. Personally, I'm fine with FOV deleting all of this. I don't do drama and if that's what this is, I say get rid of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019, 2:26:47, rodentraiser said:

Chandelier and what a chandelier! I could bear to keep this if someone wanted to give it to me for my birthday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/French-Nepolion-chandelier-1-12-sacle-by-Frank-Crescente-CMD/264286549438?hash=item3d88b4b5be:g:VNUAAOSw53dbaIkZ

I met him yesterday at the Dallas Miniature show. They are stunning, but YIKES! I told him I don't have a fixture in my real house that cost that much. He said he has some for $200, again I don't have a fixture in my house LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2019, 4:27:21, KellyA said:

Mine was built from the Stanley Plans still available (link below). It's two rooms deep with a depth of 30". It's pretty big.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Colonial-Dollhouse-yourself-project/dp/B001UC58XG

I see pics of it too and in fact when I mentioned it in some post back a ways, I didn't dig out my pics, I just posted a generic pic of the house. I didn't claim it was a pic of mine (it was pretty obviously a stock photo regardless) but that mine was built to those plans. I guess to me that's just something that's very important. When I posted pics of a house to share, I identified in all caps with an exclamation mark that it was not one of mine. I do hope this doesn't sound like I'm being defensive because I'm not. I greatly appreciate other points of view. I was just so shocked to see that pic on a webpage marked available for sale that I did not give benefit of the doubt and posted in a bit of a huff. This one could just be another case of an Amish Built (RGT kit) dollhouse maybe, LOL. I'm dropping it. Like everything, I suppose it's Caveat Emptor and not my problem. Personally, I'm fine with FOV deleting all of this. I don't do drama and if that's what this is, I say get rid of it.

I had to smile because I’ve done the old post in a huff chestnut before too.. I agree you should contact him/her and ask them to take you picture down and it pays for every one to be careful when buying off the internet. There are a lot of bad actors out there and the dollhouse community is generally so nice that we would actually be easy targets for a con. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019, 11:27:21, KellyA said:

Mine was built from the Stanley Plans still available (link below). It's two rooms deep with a depth of 30". It's pretty big.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Colonial-Dollhouse-yourself-project/dp/B001UC58XG

I see pics of it too and in fact when I mentioned it in some post back a ways, I didn't dig out my pics, I just posted a generic pic of the house. I didn't claim it was a pic of mine (it was pretty obviously a stock photo regardless) but that mine was built to those plans. I guess to me that's just something that's very important. When I posted pics of a house to share, I identified in all caps with an exclamation mark that it was not one of mine. I do hope this doesn't sound like I'm being defensive because I'm not. I greatly appreciate other points of view. I was just so shocked to see that pic on a webpage marked available for sale that I did not give benefit of the doubt and posted in a bit of a huff. This one could just be another case of an Amish Built (RGT kit) dollhouse maybe, LOL. I'm dropping it. Like everything, I suppose it's Caveat Emptor and not my problem. Personally, I'm fine with FOV deleting all of this. I don't do drama and if that's what this is, I say get rid of it.

That's the one I was thinking of. I love that house.

I wouldn't say what you're doing is drama. I have a lot of photos saved of dollhouses that come from Craig's List ads and Pinterest and even here because I admire the work or because I want to save a detail so I don't forget it. I started saving these photos long before I knew about copyrights and many times I couldn't even find who created the dollhouse or took the photo.

Although it's sort of like shutting the barn door after the horse gets out, I don't post any of those photos anywhere unless someone is actively asking for a picture of a house. And then I don't claim either the house or the photo is mine. Every photo somewhere belongs to someone and if we can't share the photos we find of great miniatures or dollhouses because we can't find or don't know the owner or photographer, we're going to lose a lot of inspiration in this community.

But again, that doesn't mean a person posts photos that imply the house is theirs if it specifically isn't or that they claim the photograph was taken by them if it wasn't. If I were you, I'd still at least email the man and ask him what's going on. Hopefully, he answers you. I've contacted several webpages myself over the years when they include a photo of a miniature room in all the rest of their photos of real rooms (I recognize the photo, but usually not who made the item). I have yet to hear back from them and some of those pages and photos are still online.

It's also good to have discussions about this from time to time as well so some of our newcomers come to understand what is and isn't kosher about copying and posting photos online.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay for another Country Estate out there.  That house kit is in my closet waiting for my wealthy benefactor to come along so I can build all the minis houses without the need for a pesky day job.  :D

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019, 2:35:05, jrchob said:

My cat actually prefers wallpaper and a tiled floor!!

On 6/20/2019, 2:41:33, havanaholly said:

roflmbo

On 6/24/2019, 7:21:48, KellyA said:

LOL! Mine would demand marble floors.

"Linoleum?! Hmph. Just for that I shall go puke on one of your rugs, and I'll do it two inches from tile."

I'll get to those quotes in a second. They're re: the picture below. A friend sent it to me today, and I had to laugh since I had just a few days ago posted the above!

But first, thank you FOV, rodentraiser, and Samusa for talking me off the ledge, LOL. Believe it or not, I do not have a temper. I am very slow to anger. Most things for me are like water off a duck's back, i.e.; *shrug* "Whatevuh."

I used to moderate a creative website (AGES ago!) and ugh, we had so many issues with stolen pictures and fake ads marketing things that the seller obviously didn't make because one of our members did. Sooo, not offering an excuse, only an explanation why I leapt to the worst conclusion possible! And y'know, just because I first saw that pic on the Craigslist ad doesn't mean the SELLER didn't get it from that man's website! Since it's not like I personally took that photo, I'm not contacting him. Let's face it, that house is made from stock plans. They all look pretty much the same, so I'm not going to guess if the egg or the chicken came first.

ANYWAY, I'm done with that topic, if you please. Now regarding those quotes above, this is the picture I got from a friend today, lol.

catbarf.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I saw that!  Thanks for the major chuckle to start my new month, Kelly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/d/portland-charles-wysocki-heartland/6901995561.html

This is a heartland hollow with most of the furniture plus extras. It's a heavy house - and I already have (and love) mine - but I am posting because these rarely appear on the west coast. And the price is probably negotiable, tho I will say with shipping and all the furniture and the infrequency of these appearing makes $$$ range reasonable.

Anyway - if there are any folks in the area who were wanting one...

I got mine ages ago shipped from the east coast with furniture that was still in orig boxes, and glad I didn;t wait, but here we are - if I had waited one would have shown up eventually. But that would have been a lot of missed years of playing - and I have really enjoyed the house. Still...good things would have come to those who waited. Or, DOUBLE good things come to those who get things and then wait for more things. lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/d/portland-charles-wysocki-heartland/6901995561.html

This is a heartland hollow with most of the furniture plus extras. It's a heavy house - and I already have (and love) mine - but I am posting because these rarely appear on the west coast. And the price is probably negotiable, tho I will say with shipping and all the furniture and the infrequency of these appearing makes $$$ range reasonable.

They've dropped the price on that considerably, I'm pretty sure it was recently $899. I saw it on Ebay and also went to look on Craigslist and found it. Interestingly, if you see a house on Ebay, you can sometimes find it cheaper on Craigslist because Craigslist doesn't charge the listing fees that Ebay does, or the payment fees of PayPal! Sellers often charge more on Ebay to cover those costs. Just go look on the local Craigslist wherever the seller's listing says the item is located.

Here is a good example, not that I'm buying it at either price, alas. $6,450 on Ebay. $5,800 on Craigslist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Lighted-Fully-Furnished-Doll-House-49-x-18-x-29-tall/173860825390?hash=item287ae9a92e:g:p4cAAOSw-olaIOsL

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/tag/d/binghamton-dollhouse-fully-furnished/6904891436.html

 

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, KellyA said:

While I throw a 2-year old's temper tantrum, screaming, "I want I want I want!", my husband drags me away from the computer, scolding, "No, Kells, you are NOT going to sell your car to buy a dollhouse!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Customized-Lawbre-French-Chateau/183869758502?hash=item2acf7ddc26:g:ynoAAOSwgY5dHNSo

 

s-l1600.jpg

Well that is an impressive house. I love it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KellyA said:

While I throw a 2-year old's temper tantrum, screaming, "I want I want I want!", my husband drags me away from the computer, scolding, "No, Kells, you are NOT going to sell your car to buy a dollhouse!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Customized-Lawbre-French-Chateau/183869758502?hash=item2acf7ddc26:g:ynoAAOSwgY5dHNSo

 

s-l1600.jpg

No, you're going to sell the hubs' car...

 

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Interesting Tennyson bash- I wish they had better pictures of the inside

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse/254284019104?hash=item3b348235a0:g:ThMAAOSwly9dHBDG

I wish there had been pictures of the interior.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

No, you're going to sell the hubs' car...

LMAO!  I like the way you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KellyA said:

They've dropped the price on that considerably, I'm pretty sure it was recently $899. I saw it on Ebay and also went to look on Craigslist and found it. Interestingly, if you see a house on Ebay, you can sometimes find it cheaper on Craigslist because Craigslist doesn't charge the listing fees that Ebay does, or the payment fees of PayPal! Sellers often charge more on Ebay to cover those costs. Just go look on the local Craigslist wherever the seller's listing says the item is located.

Here is a good example, not that I'm buying it at either price, alas. $6,450 on Ebay. $5,800 on Craigslist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Lighted-Fully-Furnished-Doll-House-49-x-18-x-29-tall/173860825390?hash=item287ae9a92e:g:p4cAAOSw-olaIOsL

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/tag/d/binghamton-dollhouse-fully-furnished/6904891436.html

 

s-l1600.jpg

I love this house and I'd be throwing a 2 year old tantrum about it if it was cheaper...I love it. I wouldn't go $5000+, but I'd pay plenty for it, but surely never what the seller thinks it is worth. Of course it IS priceless to me. That's the trouble with pricing these things, lol.  I hope it finds a good home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KellyA said:

They've dropped the price on that considerably, I'm pretty sure it was recently $899. I saw it on Ebay and also went to look on Craigslist and found it. Interestingly, if you see a house on Ebay, you can sometimes find it cheaper on Craigslist because Craigslist doesn't charge the listing fees that Ebay does, or the payment fees of PayPal! Sellers often charge more on Ebay to cover those costs. Just go look on the local Craigslist wherever the seller's listing says the item is located.

Here is a good example, not that I'm buying it at either price, alas. $6,450 on Ebay. $5,800 on Craigslist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Lighted-Fully-Furnished-Doll-House-49-x-18-x-29-tall/173860825390?hash=item287ae9a92e:g:p4cAAOSw-olaIOsL

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/tag/d/binghamton-dollhouse-fully-furnished/6904891436.html

 

s-l1600.jpg

I even love the Lincoln Log green roof.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I even love the Lincoln Log green roof.

THAT'S where I've seen that green, thank you! I have a Moonbeam log cabin with that same green roof but even with logs right there in front of my face I never connected that green to Lincoln Logs, lol.

Moonbeam Contemp Log Cabin.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I think it is a Susan Korff house. I am misspelling the last name, but @thriftymini has one http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=131246&browse=1

I love this house!

Duh, I just read the listing better.....Loren Korrf. Do I get any points for being in the ballpark?:bounce:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I think it is a Susan Korff house. I am misspelling the last name, but @thriftymini has one http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=131246&browse=1

I love this house!

Duh, I just read the listing better.....Loren Korrf. Do I get any points for being in the ballpark?:bounce:

You get plenty of points for getting the Korff part correct!!  I only think "rounded steps farmhouse" when I see this one - it's lovely - but I always forget names!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KellyA said:

While I throw a 2-year old's temper tantrum, screaming, "I want I want I want!", my husband drags me away from the computer, scolding, "No, Kells, you are NOT going to sell your car to buy a dollhouse!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Customized-Lawbre-French-Chateau/183869758502?hash=item2acf7ddc26:g:ynoAAOSwgY5dHNSo

 

s-l1600.jpg

I want to do my half scale Thornhill like this. Does anyone know how to get the paint color like this? Did they white wash it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EmilyPB said:

I want to do my half scale Thornhill like this. Does anyone know how to get the paint color like this? Did they white wash it?

 

It looks like a sponging effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now