Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I thought that it was Shellie's house also when I first saw it but if they did use her plans they added onto it.  I had her plans and I bought the house in kit form when she first started selling it.  The dimensions of the house was 39" x 48" I know it well as I bought a table to fit it.  The dimensions in the listing is 39" x 65".  Three or four months ago it looked like she was selling off the windows that she had Bespaq make for the house on ebay.  I spoke with her and she only had one kit left and one set of plans left and that was going to be it.  I have not been to her shop in about 3 years as I am afraid to see what she may be down to in miniatures since adding all the home decorating and gift items.  The last time I was there she had racks of clothes in the shop.  Also this one on ebay does not look anywhere as nice as her house and I don't see any staircases (unless I missed them) or the observatory - but they tried.

OMG! Just went back to ebay and it has been relisted.  Same $5,000 price tag, Lawbre is still listed as the Brand and Dan McNeil (one of Lawbre's original owners) is still mentioned.  Looks like they just removed "Rosedawn" from the title.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Georgian-Plantation-highly-detailed-doll-house-w-Two-Additions-/292074892063?hash=item4401052b1f:g:EywAAOSw3utY4QaY

Caveat emptor!

(I can't imagine anyone paying that much for it thinking it's a Lawbre. The listing's just going to sit there.)

I drove to Los Angeles today and picked up the half complete Duracraft San Franciscan 555 for $20 - yes you read correctly!!!! It needs a rehab with the completion but I'm excited that I can work on a second one and see what I'd like to change with mine before I'm done! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

I drove to Los Angeles today and picked up the half complete Duracraft San Franciscan 555 for $20 - yes you read correctly!!!! It needs a rehab with the completion but I'm excited that I can work on a second one and see what I'd like to change with mine before I'm done! 

Yay Susie, I'm so glad you got it!! I seriously contemplated driving to get it too. (Much longer drive for me) $20 is such a great deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1martinimomma said:

Found this house on Craigslist, does anyone know the name and maker?  They are asking $150, but it has been listed for 24 days, so maybe they would take  a lot less.

00l0l_42QxRMZfrVC_1200x900.jpg00c0c_2dGZngaux59_1200x900.jpg

For the condition it's in they should offer it for a LOT less!  Poor baby!

1 hour ago, 1martinimomma said:

Found this house on Craigslist, does anyone know the name and maker?  They are asking $150, but it has been listed for 24 days, so maybe they would take  a lot less.

Hey Colleen!

Wow... it's been a long time since I saw one of those. :) I believe that this house is made from a plan by "Doll Domiciles" and it's the "Second Empire" house. Their plans came out in... the 70s I think?

If I'm right, and that's what it is, it is a big house. The plan house was completely enclosed (solid front, opening sides, I think).

I would want to see the inside. It's an intriguing house and I can't think of the last finished one of these I saw. (A quick Google search didn't turn up any either).

To be honest, I would have a hard time resisting it. But that's just me, and I may well be completely addicted to weirdo dollhouses. :)

Let me know if you decide to get it, or go see it! I'd be curious what it was like in person!

Wendy

(edited: thought it might be 1/2" plywood, but a quick look at the plans reveals it called for 3/8" so it might not be quite as heavy as I was supposing.) - WR

Edited by Griffonfeathers

2 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I wonder what is like inside? I like the exterior and that it has the frontispiece thingy. I'd definitely hear the call of that house if it were near me...

Oh! I found the plans on ebay:

There is a floorplan photo - it says there is a "library" on the 2nd floor! I love this house! It looks HUGE in the photo but the measurements aren't crazy sounding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Second-Empire-Victorian-House-Doll-Domiciles-Dollhouse-Plans-V-2-NEW-/222396383339

This woodworking pattern was sold by Doll Domiciles of Atlanta, GA.  It is a three story Second Empire Victorian dollhouse.   

Size:  26" wide x 29" deep 
Access:  Three hinged panels
Plan No.:  V-2
Condition:  Back flap was open but it appears to me to be unused and factory folded. 

NOTE:  Unlike the other two dollhouse plans I have listed, the plans for the Second Empire Victorian are designed for maximum use of manufactured components (for example, the doors and winds).  For this reason, details for the construction of these items are not included.  Even then, this is the most extensively detailed dollhouse plan available.  There are SIX blueprint pages!

On 4/1/2017, 9:10:57, KoalaSam said:

I am majorly disappointed. I was supposed to pick up the Foxhall manor, but the seller decided to keep it at the last minute. I would have loved to build and keep that house! Oh well.

It seems odd to suddenly decide to keep it after posting that. I wonder if they got a lot of emails and realized it was worth more. Who knows. 

• Like 1

I'd be putting a victorian city garden on that roof.

So yeah...if I were near that Doll Domiciles house, I'd have it. Assuming the inside is built according to the plans...I'd probably take if for $150. Or $100. I love the door on the upper balcony. I like the vintage look. If I had the room and was near it, I'd get it. 

Wendy and Jenn,

Thank you so much for the information on the house.  Now, you have got me really excited about it, like I need another dollhouse.  The house must be kind of heavy because it appears to be on wheels. The house is located very close to me, although I would have to get a friend with a truck to get it home as it won't fit in my car.  I will call the lady today and see what she says.  I will let you all know what she says and if she will let me take a look at it.

Thanks again for all the info and I can always count on this group of enablers to make it easier to buy it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Wendy and Jenn,

Thank you so much for the information on the house.  Now, you have got me really excited about it, like I need another dollhouse.  The house must be kind of heavy because it appears to be on wheels. The house is located very close to me, although I would have to get a friend with a truck to get it home as it won't fit in my car.  I will call the lady today and see what she says.  I will let you all know what she says and if she will let me take a look at it.

Thanks again for all the info and I can always count on this group of enablers to make it easier to buy it!

YAY! I hope it gets a Greenleafer home!!  That's the best place for retired/orphaned dollhouses - to move in with one of us!  It looks huge in the ebay photo where the little girl is standing with it. HUGE. But I like it a lot. 

45 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Wendy and Jenn,

You bet! Always happy to be a bad influence! :)  Can't wait to hear how it works out.

This is seriously a monster house, and that's probably part of why it's on casters. I think being on wheels helps with the "fully enclosed" nature of the house too (I think the front and back are solid and it opens on the sides, but I guess you'll find out for sure soon enough!) :) 

8 minutes ago, Griffonfeathers said:

You bet! Always happy to be a bad influence! :)  Can't wait to hear how it works out.

This is seriously a monster house, and that's probably part of why it's on casters. I think being on wheels helps with the "fully enclosed" nature of the house too (I think the front and back are solid and it opens on the sides, but I guess you'll find out for sure soon enough!) :) 

LMAO! I can see you fit right in here! LOL

OK, for those in the Portland area, here's your chance to have a Joseph Angel house - cheap. I called on this house a while back and I think the guy wanted over $500 for it. Looks like he's come down some:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/6071524683.html

On the plus side, it's primed. LOL

2 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

LMAO! I can see you fit right in here! LOL

OK, for those in the Portland area, here's your chance to have a Joseph Angel house - cheap. I called on this house a while back and I think the guy wanted over $500 for it. Looks like he's come down some:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/6071524683.html

But it is soooooooo grubby! Poor house. $125 is more in the ballpark. I'd say $25 - 50 for that state, but that is because it looks like so much work to me. Well - "One person's work is another person's treasure" for the expert rehabber's out there.

Kelly - how are you resisting it?!

I am and I'm not. For me to buy this one, I'd have to sell Bramble. One of the reasons I broke down the Hofco house was because it was basically the same size as the JA and I had nowhere in my room to put it. That's why I got Bramble in the first place - I had a larger house but smaller than the Hofco and it fits against the wall. The JA house would have to sit on the sofa - and that ain't gonna happen.

Okay, I went to see the house.  It was just down the street from where I work.  I mean talk about fate.  I live in Houston, and for it to be down the street is like destiny, except it's MASSIVE.  I mean really really big.  53" tall on the stand.  It's been totally stripped of all it's wallpapers.  The lady that has it said they inherited it when they purchased a warehouse from a guy that had passed away.  Also, some of the windows are not to scale.  The front door is to scale, but then look at the size of the door on the balcony.  The windows on the side of the house where I am standing has one window like the one showing on the 3rd floor, then the second floor has a window the size of the door of the second floor and the the first floor window in normal size.

Here is me and the house.  58e28235d9e0c_photo2.thumb.JPG.6f034b4a758e28334a3548_photo1(1).thumb.JPG.602865

6 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

Okay, I went to see the house.  It was just down the street from where I work.  I mean talk about fate.  I live in Houston, and for it to be down the street is like destiny, except it's MASSIVE.  I mean really really big.  53" tall on the stand.  It's been totally stripped of all it's wallpapers.  The lady that has it said they inherited it when they purchased a warehouse from a guy that had passed away.  Also, some of the windows are not to scale.  The front door is to scale, but then look at the size of the door on the balcony.  The windows on the side of the house where I am standing has one window like the one showing on the 3rd floor, then the second floor has a window the size of the door of the second floor and the the first floor window in normal size.

Here is me and the house.  58e28235d9e0c_photo2.thumb.JPG.6f034b4a758e28334a3548_photo1(1).thumb.JPG.602865

Weird about the windows. I still like it. It is a strange but compelling house.  $75? It is huge. So some of the rooms inside don't have windows? Hmmmm. Poor little giant house.