Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Melanie- that house is HUGE!!  And NINE boxes of stuff!!??  :eek:   Boy, too bad I'm not scheduled to visit my son in Orlando any time soon 'cause I'd be handing out $200 quicker than you can say Disney World!  LOL

And I am heading to Denver, Colorado at the end of the month.....gee, with all of the great postings for out there, I may come home with another house!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

Melanie- that house is HUGE!!  And NINE boxes of stuff!!??  :eek:   Boy, too bad I'm not scheduled to visit my son in Orlando any time soon 'cause I'd be handing out $200 quicker than you can say Disney World!  LOL

And I am heading to Denver, Colorado at the end of the month.....gee, with all of the great postings for out there, I may come home with another house!!

You should head back out here in September too for the annual Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys fall show!

Not that it's not going to be perfectly lovely in Colorado at the end of the month (probably just hot. UGH.) but there would be even MORE miniature temptation available in September. Just sayin'. :)

• Like 2

On 7/4/2017, 2:45:39, Elsbeth said:

And yes it sure looks like a Shadowcliff. What a steal!! Are you loving it!!? WOW!

My husband picked it up and he is out of town until Monday. Wahhhhh. Lol. I haven't even seen it in person. :)

17 hours ago, roseleigh said:

My husband picked it up and he is out of town until Monday. Wahhhhh. Lol. I haven't even seen it in person. :)

Well post pics when you can.

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

What is going on with this? $650 for a 1:12 bison. 9 bids.

It is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring. But...that is one niche item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-American-Bison-Handsculpted-/152608019834

Huh. It is a really lovely bison. it really is. But that's like 3 car payments for me. Wow....

We are in the weirdest hobby. Seriously.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Griffonfeathers said:

Huh. It is a really lovely bison. it really is. But that's like 3 car payments for me. Wow....

We are in the weirdest hobby. Seriously.

I know - I had no idea there was a group of avid bidders for a tiny bison.

That said, it would look great in a 1:12 natural history museum.

I found a perfect 1:12 burro with panniers in a thrift store yesterday for $4 that didn't look any worse than that bison.  It's all in what people are willing to pay, I reckon.

40 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I found a perfect 1:12 burro with panniers in a thrift store yesterday for $4 that didn't look any worse than that bison.  It's all in what people are willing to pay, I reckon.

I have the nicest wooden carved and painted donkey that was separated/rescued from a creche. I often let him linger outside a house or on a porch he is so cute.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Ooohh.. pictures?

11 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

What is going on with this? $650 for a 1:12 bison. 9 bids.

It is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring. But...that is one niche item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-American-Bison-Handsculpted-/152608019834

I've seen this happen a lot.. a reindeer went back at Christmas time for quite a sum. I think there might be a subset of miniature collectors that focus on flocked animals.. not so much dollhouses... I've watched quite a few of these kinds of auctions and there are a group of regulars that bid on them. I can't tell on this one as the bidders are private, but there is one bidder that starts with an O and end's in a V that bid's on heaps of artisan 1:12 animals. :)

Of course I'm stalking around these auctions because I always lose out in the bidding race.. they are usually too rich for my taste. :D 

5 hours ago, Samusa said:

Ooohh.. pictures?

Probably next time DS#2 or KathieB visit; I have been told I take LOUSY photos, and looking through a couple of my albums where one or the other abovementioned folks also took pictures, it's obvious that I can't take a decent photo to save my life.

• Like 1

I wonder if somewhere there is a 1:12 scale zoo or game preserve. Or Natural history museum with all the animals behind glass walls and in dioramas. Well, someday we'll find it all on craigslist or ebay. 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Probably next time DS#2 or KathieB visit; I have been told I take LOUSY photos, and looking through a couple of my albums where one or the other abovementioned folks also took pictures, it's obvious that I can't take a decent photo to save my life.

Your photos are fine, Holly - but I do enjoy when other people take photos in different ways and angles than I ever would, so variety in photographers is nice.

I wonder if somewhere there is a 1:12 scale zoo or game preserve. Or Natural history museum with all the animals behind glass walls and in dioramas. Well, someday we'll find it all on craigslist or ebay. 

Or in the case of re-creating my Uncle Omar's house, it would be in the living room!  :giggle:   Yes- you read that correctly.  My eccentric uncle raised bison in SE Pennsylvania.  Yes, PA! He had a favorite animal, and when it died he had it stuffed and mounted and had a cane made out of its.....well, I'll leave that up to your imagination!  LOL

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Or in the case of re-creating my Uncle Omar's house, it would be in the living room!  :giggle:   Yes- you read that correctly.  My eccentric uncle raised bison in SE Pennsylvania.  Yes, PA! He had a favorite animal, and when it died he had it stuffed and mounted and had a cane made out of its.....well, I'll leave that up to your imagination!  LOL

My imagination is working overtime today!:roflmao: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbnmini said:

:rofl::rofl:

I had a great uncle Ostie that used to "park" his horse in the front room.. lol... after a night at the pub he would ride home, right up the front steps and straight in the front door.. In the morning everyone would get up and the horse would still be standing in the living room...:giggle:

4 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I had a great uncle Ostie that used to "park" his horse in the front room.. lol... after a night at the pub he would ride home, right up the front steps and straight in the front door.. In the morning everyone would get up and the horse would still be standing in the living room...:giggle:

Oh My, Now that did make me cough on my coffee and snort it up my nose.gives me an image for a purr-fictionthrillern mini scenen too....

When I was collecting porcelain collies, I used to get into bidding wars with the same people. I worked in Kinko's at that time and one day a woman came in and wanted to make a run of catalogs for the local collie show. We got to talking and I told her about the collies and how I was always outbid by Rosebud. The woman said, "I know Rosebud!" So I told her, "Well, tell her Rodentraiser says hi!" Small world.

So I found some of these auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wooden-Canterbury-Victorian-Dollhouse-Kit-G8802-GG-Products-With-Furniture-/263068729622?hash=item3d401e4116:g:kV4AAOSw-itXsQkH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Kit-/322575414682?hash=item4b1afe359a:g:SBEAAOSwT-FZCR95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Artply-The-Allisonwood-dollhouse-kit-/142434579290?hash=item2129c3335a:g:VZcAAOSwXXxZQLZv

The prices aren't bad if the shipping is reasonable.

32 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I love everything about this house except it's price tag.. Don't know about circa 1909 though... looks more early 50's to me... perhaps it's been redecorated?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Massive-Antique-American-Mansion-Doll-House-w-Furnishings-Signed-c1909-/372005369102?hash=item569d3f750e:g:KMkAAOSwbiFZWAyL

The siding and roof tiles are not 1909.