Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

The easy way to remember the SF dollhouses is:

1st version has an upper porch roof and no side windows on the double bay under the right gable.

2nd version (my favorite) has no upper porch roof and windows all around on all the bays.

Both of these are made by sliding the siding into grooved channels.

3rd version has no upper porch roof and windows all around the bays, but although it has the same porch trim as the 2nd version, it lacks the tower trim of the 2nd version. It's also made of 3/8" MDF.

The one shown in Amanda's post if the first version and no, I have no idea which number that is. LOL

15 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Check out this RGT - it didn't scream RGT to me when I first looked at it so I am impressed:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173664653/dollhouse-112-scale?ref=unav_listing-other

Not sure about the front roof shingling...but I think this has a lovely old look. I think it is nicely done.

It is the Real Good Toys "Tamarack"  Not that I need another dollhouse kit, but I'd sure like to build this one

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

The easy way to remember the SF dollhouses is:

1st version has an upper porch roof and no side windows on the double bay under the right gable.

2nd version (my favorite) has no upper porch roof and windows all around on all the bays.

Both of these are made by sliding the siding into grooved channels.

3rd version has no upper porch roof and windows all around the bays, but although it has the same porch trim as the 2nd version, it lacks the tower trim of the 2nd version. It's also made of 3/8" MDF.

The one shown in Amanda's post if the first version and no, I have no idea which number that is. LOL

1st version is the SF500

2nd version is the SF555 (the first kit I ever built)

3rd version is the SF558

18 hours ago, asherah said:

This house 's price has been discussed in the past as can be seen by searching for the House of Broel. I won't comment on the price but is the work of an artist.

http://www.houseofbroel.com/dollhouse-museum.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrchob said:

This house 's price has been discussed in the past as can be seen by searching for the House of Broel. I won't comment on the price but is the work of an artist.

http://www.houseofbroel.com/dollhouse-museum.html

I'm thankful that Ms. Broel is a miniaturist as she has a lot of fun things and maintains a museum for them -- which is becoming more and more rare.

18 hours ago, fov said:

Half scale Queen Anne Rowhouse by American Craft: http://www.ebay.com/itm/furnished-victorian-dollhouse-Mattel-littles-/162179687559?hash=item25c2a9a487:g:Wi0AAOSwawpXvgaB

It has the original Carlson windows and door, but is missing the front steps...

Listed on craigslist for $50.00 less http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/clt/5748729493.html

Regarding the Hofco, a few years ago that same house was in a local charity store for $1,000. I don't think it was the same exact house, but the same model with the two side extensions. I went and saw it in person, it was so grand and impressive.

I hope someone who knows what it is ends up with this one!

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

I am so tempted to go get that Hofco house. There's just no way I can though, and I really don't need another house.

It is a relief that this Hofco is not in my area. I'd love to have a Hofco and the price is really good. I don't have anywhere for a dollhouse that is five feet wide, but I'm afraid I couldn't pass it up.

It looks like it would be some work with that house, though. If you look under the wallpaper, you can tell it hasn't been primed. That means all that wall paper would have to come off and so would all the tape wiring as well. Then it would have to be primed, rewired, and redecorated on the inside. But look at those wings, Can you imagine putting a kitchen into one of those wings?

45 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

It looks like it would be some work with that house, though. If you look under the wallpaper, you can tell it hasn't been primed. That means all that wall paper would have to come off and so would all the tape wiring as well. Then it would have to be primed, rewired, and redecorated on the inside. But look at those wings, Can you imagine putting a kitchen into one of those wings?

That Hofco house looks like it would be worth the work.  And yes, oh yes, I can imagine putting a kitchen in one of those wings!

• Like 1

I would buy that Hofco house if it were closer...that is totally my kind of finished house. To be honest, I would even leave it as is. I like it. Well, I might do a mural wallpaper in the diningroom. But I love everything else. What a steal!! I hope someone gets it. Calling AGGIEMAE! GO get that house, woman!

• Like 1