Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

6 hours ago, queenannediva said:

The Majestic Mansion house (Morningside Mansion) is only available in half scale they never sold it in one inch scale.  The reason being is that when Shellie was selling her house (Nob Hill) in kit form Majestic Mansions was cutting the kit for her using her copyrighted plans.  When I bought the kit I ordered it from Shellie and then picked it up at her shop with no sign it came from Majestic Mansions except that she told me.

That explains the windows looking like Shellie's windows but the house being from Miniature Mansions. The buyer probably just collected the windows as they came up on eBay and put those on the house instead of getting the Bespaq ones.

By the way, everyone, I called Shellie a couple of months ago and at that time, she still had one kit left of her Victorian mansion and it's $1000.

7 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

@rodentraiser and @Elsbeth this is a pic of Bobbi Sue on the box - Kelly- you were in the midst of packing to have things sprayed and couldn't get to your catalogs to see what kind of history the kit had - the original owner was so meticulous that everything is in original boxes including the receipt from her purchase in 1993 - it also has the two story addition and the add on porch/patio room .... 

OK, I remember now. And that makes me glad. If I had ID'd the house with the double porch as a GEL house, I'd have really been worried about myself. I still don't know what house that is, but hopefully after tomorrow things will start to get back to normal.

Unless the powers that be insist on me getting rid of stuff. That would mean all my catalogs and magazines might have to go into storage. *groan*

Visalian in LA: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/clt/d/doll-house/6226012929.html

And this is cool... I think I saw it on eBay the other day too but the pictures weren't as good: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/clt/d/handmade-dollhouse/6201993346.html

Rosework kit? Never seen this before: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/d/wood-doll-house-kit/6219901537.html

Cool exterior, but the interior leaves something to be desired! https://worcester.craigslist.org/clt/d/handmade-wooden-doll-house/6187665067.html

5 hours ago, fov said:

On my monitor it looked like it read Rosswork.

5 hours ago, fov said:

The ad reads that it's a reproduction of a real house, but I doubt that the real house had no interior walls!

• Like 1

Alright, just a quick question for those in the know... If you came across a vintage new in box, never been opened Little Orphan Annie Dollhouse kit, what do you think would be a good price for it? I know of late there are a couple of built options on Ebay that the folks are asking $600+, and they definitely need work in my opinion. I'm trying to scrimp and save at the moment to save money for my own personal real life project of a new roof for my folks house. BUT have come across this kit locally, and am thinking it's a really good deal that I may well regret not making an offer on. I want to be fair, but still want a good deal if I do...

4 minutes ago, minikelli said:
On 4/24/2017, 11:30:56, rodentraiser said:

They come up now and then, usually as assembled houses. I bought one about 12 years ago for $200 as a kit. Like anything else, it depends on whether the sellers know what they have and how much they want to get rid of it. The kits were over $300 in 1979, so that says something about the price. But now, even as a kit, the shipping is probably sky high these days for it, because it's a pretty heavy house.

I think they're made out of some sort of masonite. The walls seemed like they were about an inch thick and the only windows that fit it were the ones that came with the kit. The joints are rabbeted and I couldn't use any nails on mine because the wood just crumbled when I did. I glued the daylights out of mine. It was on a base that should probably have been thicker. When I moved, two people picked the base up at each end, the board sort of flexed, and the whole house collapsed. I loved that kit, but I gave it up. It was just too much to put it together again. Fortunately, I hadn't spent a lot of time decorating it yet.

Now maybe my kit was exposed to a lot of moisture, but if you ever get one, build it in one spot and never move it. LOL

Alright, just a quick question for those in the know... If you came across a vintage new in box, never been opened Little Orphan Annie Dollhouse kit, what do you think would be a good price for it? I know of late there are a couple of built options on Ebay that the folks are asking $600+, and they definitely need work in my opinion. I'm trying to scrimp and save at the moment to save money for my own personal real life project of a new roof for my folks house. BUT have come across this kit locally, and am thinking it's a really good deal that I may well regret not making an offer on. I want to be fair, but still want a good deal if I do...

Hi Kelli,

There was a new kit on eBay a few months back.

• Like 1

$100.

That is me speaking as a buyer of old dollhouses and kits. I haven't seen the $600 built houses sell.

If you are worried about balancing the budget, make an offer for what you can easily, comfortably, low-stressfully afford and then leave it be. It *will* show up again. But you also might be surprised that the seller agrees to it, or counteroffers a reasonable price. That has happened to me several times. I am always polite about offers - and encouraging if they decline. I had 2 sellers come back after not selling an item, also. You never know. 

• Like 1

I know the woman had it priced at $150, which I thought was okay price wise. I haven't seen pics of the kit box yet though, and told her that's definitely going to be a conditional factor in regards to the price I'm willing to pay for it.

Thanks so much for both of you answering so quickly!  :flowers:

3 minutes ago, minikelli said:

I know the woman had it priced at $150, which I thought was okay price wise. I haven't seen pics of the kit box yet though, and told her that's definitely going to be a conditional factor in regards to the price I'm willing to pay for it.

Let us know if you get it. I Love that house, but it is too big for me at the moment...maybe someday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minikelli said:

that I may well regret not making an offer on. I want to be fair, but still want a good deal if I do...

I know that Carrie, Susie and I are lamenting about not getting that Granville on ebay several months ago.  Haven't seen one since, look consistently on all avenues, as I know Susie does too.  I definitely regret not bidding more, but you can't look back.  If the box is in great shape and it looks like all pieces are there, just offer her $75 if you are comfortable with that amount.  All she can say is no.  I did that on a Lady Anna that had been on Craigslist for a few weeks, she wanted $350, I said please don't be offended, but if you be willing take $150 I'll take it.  She was so happy to have someone buy it.  She knew it was going to a good home, and she left me her email so I can send her pictures when I finish it.  She even said she might buy it back for her daughter once it was finished.  It never hurts to ask.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

I wonder why they don't want to ship? I know it's pricey, but the Bellingham is a fair price IMO. The total cost with shipping would be a little over $200 +/-. Every time a bite the bullet and buy a house, it seems like two better ones always pop up! I think its the dollhouse gods laughing at me. :pop:

2 hours ago, minikelli said:

I think that is a good price for the house, especially if the box is good and all the parts are there.  It is a difficult kit to get.  :drool2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minikelli said:

That's a good price for that kit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samusa said:

Just posting this Victorian by Duracraft because I think some of the angles on the pictures are cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Vintage-Wooden-Dollhouse-/272734047583?hash=item3f80374d5f:g:xioAAOSwyWZZTupn

Particularly this one.. it looks like a dilapidated rl house. (except for those paint drips on the railing.. lol )

s-l1600.jpg

I love doll's eye view!!! This looks almost real with the sunlight. The porch rail gives it away. Nice pic.

• Like 1