Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On Wednesday, September 06, 2017 9:34:03, Elsbeth said:

This is interesting and different looking - and larger than I expected: https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/d/nice-wood-doll-house/6288481434.html

Rodentraiser, you should totally rehab this.

The listing is already deleted. What was it?

And I have to ask you, if the manager here won't let me bring a little table into my room, do you really think they're going to let me bring in a huge dollhouse? LOL

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

The listing is already deleted. What was it?

And I have to ask you, if the manager here won't let me bring a little table into my room, do you really think they're going to let me bring in a huge dollhouse? LOL

Darn! And I didn't save a photo of it! It was a tall, somewhat narrow, but large house...reminded me of your roombox on steroids.

Well here is something I haven't seen before - it's a boxy 2 level version of those larger english-y front opening houses. But this one has internal doors and stairs.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/atq/d/doll-house/6296880958.html

Oh, no! I don't need another shadowbox! Mine is driving me bonkers as it is. I have a picture in my mind of the fern I want in the living room and do you think I can find it? Fifty million ferns on eBay and Etsy and none of them look like what I have pictured in my mind.

That house you just posted is interesting though. And only about 7 miles from me. But no, no more dollhouses. NO NO NO!!!! LOL

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017, 9:49:11, sparklepuppies said:

And this cutie with lots of potential is only $30.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tag/d/handmade-doll-house/6291624877.html

I think this is a Brookshire by Walmer Dollhouses. I have one with the addition on the other side. I finished mine black and white with a red front door. Very roomy house! Big and heavy, very nice. I love the windows, they made me keep the house.

Now THAT'S a house I'd like to have. A living room, dining room, kitchen and large laundry room on the first floor, a library, center hallway, linen closet, bedroom and private bath (over the large laundry room) on the second floor, and a couple bedrooms and a bath on the third floor. All I'd have to do is add on a sunroom to the living room and I'd have my dream house.

I scored a Duracraft VM800 for $100 and with it came 4 buckets of furniture, most still in boxes as the house isn't finished.  Bucket of HOM kits still sealed and fabric for curtains and such.  I haven't had a chance to go through it all piece by piece and separate it but I feel that it was a cool purchase.  Hope you're all well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Now THAT'S a house I'd like to have. A living room, dining room, kitchen and large laundry room on the first floor, a library, center hallway, linen closet, bedroom and private bath (over the large laundry room) on the second floor, and a couple bedrooms and a bath on the third floor. All I'd have to do is add on a sunroom to the living room and I'd have my dream house.

Yeah that's what I thought too, Kelly. Until we built our 2500 sq ft house after the kids were already grown and gone. I thought it would stay "perfect" since the kids weren't at home to "mess it up". Then I discovered that I had left something very important off my wish list: A MAID!!! Now, after 9-1/2 years of living here, I have what I really need figured out, and can't wait until the day we retire and significantly downsize!

Not to diminish your dream, though! We should all have the experience of having dreams come true, even if we dream completely different dreams shortly after they come true. :O)

• Like 2

On Friday, September 08, 2017 12:17:27, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Yeah that's what I thought too, Kelly. Until we built our 2500 sq ft house after the kids were already grown and gone. I thought it would stay "perfect" since the kids weren't at home to "mess it up". Then I discovered that I had left something very important off my wish list: A MAID!!! Now, after 9-1/2 years of living here, I have what I really need figured out, and can't wait until the day we retire and significantly downsize!

Not to diminish your dream, though! We should all have the experience of having dreams come true, even if we dream completely different dreams shortly after they come true. :O)

Um, I meant in miniature. In real life I'd never want a dining room.

• Like 1

I enjoyed looking at this $5500 Foxhall - I really like how they did up the rooms - there is a warmth in the way they did it, and yes it is a gilded lily thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fully-furnished-lighted-landscaped-Dollhouse-customized-Table-Tableskirt/372048109399

But I think this one is the better deal with the additions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foxhall-Manor-Dollhouse-Furnished/253120379911

But I like both. But cannot and will not afford it.

I'd probably go for the first one without the additions..because something about the furnishings calls to me. I like the plaid bed and the curtains.

1 hour ago, pgwyn said:

I love the staircases n these houses.  The baby bed in the first one is amazing.

Me, too. Love the graceful staircases. Can you image keeping that baby bed clean? I hope the family has a full time washerwoman. [ :hmm: Is that a sexist term? Maybe not if it's accurate to the time period of the house, eh?] 

• Like 2

Some familiar looking houses in half scale including the Rosedawn and Queen Anne look-alikes.  Would love to have a half scale Queen Anne to go with my 1" scale.  From the Ukraine - do I dare?   The low prices have me thinking maybe too good to be true.  It is nice to see something new and different especially in half scale.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tummim1/m.html?item=192304196723&hash=item2cc6392c73%3Ag%3ALmMAAOSwRjtZtvRO&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Ive been thinking lately, when is a new dollhouse design going to be made...kinda bored with everything available. Those houses are cool Valerie, I like the Bulgaria one. 

Id love an Adams family house style.  

Interesting..I took at nosey look at the feedback, nothing as a seller  as a buyer, computer stuff, ladies fashion and jewelry, doesn't tell me much. .I wondered if they were one of those 3d jigsaw kits but I couldn't see any signs.

Karin in my garden I have a tall skinny ..mm birdhouse I think. It is about 30 inches high and very scruffy but kinda cute. Everytime I see one of your posts I could see you turning it into something magical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeannine said:

Interesting..I took at nosey look at the feedback, nothing as a seller  as a buyer, computer stuff, ladies fashion and jewelry, doesn't tell me much. .I wondered if they were one of those 3d jigsaw kits but I couldn't see any signs.

I think these are plans that you can buy and either laser cut or CNC rout them.

13 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

I think these are plans that you can buy and either laser cut or CNC rout them.

The listings say the kits are made of 3mm baltic plywood, are sent flat packed and all you need is glue.  The thing I am wondering is what they consider baltic plywood in the Ukraine the same as what we consider it to be here.  I'm a dumb American and know nothing about centimeters and millimeters so I need to go to the online conversion site and get the measurements converted to inches.  At those prices I figure if I didn't like the wood or how thin or thick it was or how it was cut I could use the pieces as patterns and cut my own using the baltic birch plywood I buy from Woodcraft.  

11 hours ago, queenannediva said:

Some familiar looking houses in half scale including the Rosedawn and Queen Anne look-alikes.  Would love to have a half scale Queen Anne to go with my 1" scale.  From the Ukraine - do I dare?   The low prices have me thinking maybe too good to be true.  It is nice to see something new and different especially in half scale.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tummim1/m.html?item=192304196723&hash=item2cc6392c73%3Ag%3ALmMAAOSwRjtZtvRO&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

The houses are slightly bigger than half scale. I just roughly converted the Fantasy Mansion (looks like the Fairfield) to inches and it's 22-1/2w" x 22-1/2d" x 26h" whereas the Fairfield is 15"w x 16"d x 20h". That's a 7-1/2" difference in width, 6-1/2" in depth, and 6" in height. For half scale that's a pretty significant difference, I think.

I love them though. And if they really are made out of decent birch plywood the prices are fantastic.

3 hours ago, kokomo said:

The houses are slightly bigger than half scale. I just roughly converted the Fantasy Mansion (looks like the Fairfield) to inches and it's 22-1/2w" x 22-1/2d" x 26h" whereas the Fairfield is 15"w x 16"d x 20h". That's a 7-1/2" difference in width, 6-1/2" in depth, and 6" in height. For half scale that's a pretty significant difference, I think.

I love them though. And if they really are made out of decent birch plywood the prices are fantastic.

I like how they look on the outside - the roofline is a little strange on the backside/interior view. I hope it would be removable - sometimes it looks like the roof goes across the upper floor right the  the middle of where I'd need to get to for furniture placement.

The prices seem great - It can't hurt to try one out?