That Darn Jefferson Dollhouse!

Cyn-AK

Ok.....OK.......

I'm here with an update!

I will be KEEPING Her!! Yes...The MISS JEFFERSON is Staying !! That's my Final Answer! 

I have found a place in the real house for her to live Very Comfortably on her own little table with her own little Lazy Susan under her so she will be able to show all her Glory!!

NOW.... Keeping in mind she wasn't the Prettiest girl in the neighborhood, she had not so great skin, Kinda a hap-hazard , tossed together clothes and really no sense of direction. BUT.... with some very Long and Loving Chats... We have come to the understanding we will make a Diamond from the Stone! 

Today she is being dressed in with beautiful wallpaper (hard to do when the walls are already together, glad I have a small ruler) Yesterday she had brick layed in the *Already* Built fireplace and hearth. She also *Bricked one wall of her Kitchen. She has finally chosen her wallpaper for the other rooms and flooring for her attic. I myself think her choices are Brilliant! 

She did ask me if once she was *DRESSED* could I take some pictures and share them with my friends on that *Greenleaf* Place. I told her "Of Course"

She has already been talking about New Furniture... WOW... She's really feeling her *Oats* (sometimes a little impatient too) So.... I guess we will have to sit down and have her look at some books...She will NOT be satisfied with just *Plain Ole Store Bought* she said.... (Slave Driver she is) I caught her mumbling something about "Hand-crafted some-thing-or-nother"

SO........ Give her a couple more days to get *Fitted* and she will be just a bit more presentable. 

(ps ...... I just know she is going to *EXPECT* some gardening and some silly picnic table with food too.... I think it's *Her Nature*

• Like 8

Jenn, your so right about that! It's weird how that works! I have had a sugarplum completed on the inside for 2 years now. I couldn't decide what it wants to be on the outside. I wrapped it up last week to put in the garage and low and behold, this morning, the story of who lives there popped in my head. I'm gonna bring it up and start in it shortly. This Jefferson finally started to speak to you and that's what I love anout this hobby. Eventually, the quiet houses speak to our inner artist :) 

• Like 2

I have a pre-finished Fairfield that I wanted to re-wallpaper (omg, so hard in 1:24!), and I was certain it was going to be William-Morris paper and Eastlake furniture. I was overwhelmed with all the work it would take  and I started thinking it was a mistake to get the house, and sorta gave up - and then I realized I could very easily keep all the great work that had already gone into it...and just be more creative about "enhancing" what I already loved about this house.  So now I an going to have what I never thought I'd have - a relatively romantic, flowery little cottage. And I love it.

• Like 2

Miss Jefferson will be a diamond in her own eyes, Since she hasn't forgotten where she came from. (the dumpster)  She may not have the most exquisite wallpaper, or the most expensive, but she will have it. She may not have real wood flooring or real brick in that fireplace, but, she will have it. (computer printed) But the one thing she will have for sure is Dignity! She will be proud to Shine to all those who see her and know her story and be grateful for all she has been through. 

OMG.... The story of this house is evolving in my mind as I type..... When she is dressed..... She will tell her WHOLE story!!! Oh My... I'm so Excited Now!!! 

I'm off to the garage..... :dog:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

...told you...

LOL!!!! Your quite Funny Miss Holly !! But that's ok.... Your were right!!

Little Miss Jefferson played well tonight. We had some small disagreements.. but she is very understanding when I explain.. It takes time for Diamond to be created. 

(Not to mention that the Mosquito's here in Alaska are this BIG <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

We had trouble fighting them off while doing some wall papering... This is where we are at this point. Remember.... All will have Molding to cover the *OPPS* measurements. 

20170621_215745.jpg

20170621_215534.jpg

20170621_215719.jpg

20170621_215606.jpg

• Like 1

I built the 1:12 size Jefferson back in 1979!   It was the first dollhouse I ever built.  I found the kit in an old fashioned drugstore in western NY.   I never heard of Greenleaf and had no clue to what I was going do with it.   It took me about 10 years to finish and I gave it away 20 years later to a little girl who lived next door.   I can't remember the name of the company where I got furniture kits to build for it but I have it in mind to build another one someday.    
    Thanks for letting me walk down memory lane!  

I will be checking in with you to see how yours progresses!   Hugs

Yes, the rooms are large... More room to collect things. I really am getting excited about it all...Thanks everyone, You all really have been an inspiration in all this. Keep Nudging me!