Hello from Tallahassee, FL!

TerriAnn

I love rain, dollhouses and gardens!  Pretty sure I was English in a past life.

When I was in college (early 90s), I slept on a $10 bed from Goodwill but my dollhouse bedroom furniture was $220 purchased from my very first Miniatures show in Metairie, LA!  

And I still have this set. :)

I have a few dollhouses that I am working on.  One of my most exciting finds was the Thornhill dollhouse.  Found in Pensacola, FL at a Goodwill for $50 back in 2014.  It was totally built and decorated.  I would love to find out who own this house before me and how it came to be at Goodwill.  That is on the project list.

I am excited to find a community that gets giggly happy around dollhouses and miniatures as I do.

Have a great day!

Terri

Edited by TerriAnn
put in a yr.
  • Like 1

Welcome, TerriAnn!  

10 minutes ago, TerriAnn said:

When I was in college (early 90s), I slept on a $10 bed from Goodwill but my dollhouse bedroom furniture was $220 purchased from my very first Miniatures show in Metairie, LA!  

Good to see you have your priorities in the right order.  :)   And this is definitely a community where we are giggly happy around miniatures.  Looking forward to seeing your houses.

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family, Terri.  Which Goodwill had the Thornhill, the one on Nine Mile Road or the one at Brent & Palafox (which has since relocated to a new building out on the wilds of Olive Avenue)?  I ask because I have been shopping both Goodwills (and the Waterfront Rescue Mission Thrift Store) ever since we moved over to this area in 2011, and I have NEVER seen a Thornhill (or any other real dollhouse).  You'll have to let me know next time you come to Pensacola and we can get together for a mini chat.

• Like 1

Welcome Miss Terri to the best Place for Dollhouse *Love*... I love you found your house in a Goodwill.... It was meant to be yours! I have a Heritage I found in a thrift store for $13.95. Gotta Love it!! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Terri.  Which Goodwill had the Thornhill, the one on Nine Mile Road or the one at Brent & Palafox (which has since relocated to a new building out on the wilds of Olive Avenue)?  I ask because I have been shopping both Goodwills (and the Waterfront Rescue Mission Thrift Store) ever since we moved over to this area in 2011, and I have NEVER seen a Thornhill (or any other real dollhouse).  You'll have to let me know next time you come to Pensacola and we can get together for a mini chat.

I am not from Pensacola but was there for work.  I looked up both those Goodwills and the parking lot looks like it would of been Brent & Palafox.  This was back in Spring of 2014.  And I will definitely let you know next time I am in Pensacola.  :)