HURRY.... Don't be Shy.....

Cyn-AK

Sometimes the sunroom off our bedroom in our Havana house shows in some of my pictures, that was my workroom there.  Since moving DH built us (me) a workshop out back that everything went out to; I'm bringing in some of the non-dollhouse doll stuff to work on in the garage, where most of the "finished" houses go, as lately I've found some of the advertised "collector" type doll languishing in thrift stores, so I bring the "interesting" ones home to clean up, restore their hair as needed and redress.  These will go to Toy for Tots.

• Like 1

I didn't realize what a mess I work in and these pictures are after I cleaned up some.  This was my son's bedroom so I have a separate space where I can keep my messy little secret from anyone coming in to the house.  I was too ashamed to show you the walk in closet....LOL

594e744fb627b_Workarea1.thumb.JPG.40dbb3594e74ac74e52_Workarea2.thumb.JPG.81d772Storage.thumb.JPG.667569a26b3127a0bd9b7a594e74dd4abb1_Paintarea2.thumb.JPG.e685f

• Like 5

11 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

And here I thought Washington had such a lack of miniaturists. I long to go back to the Bay Area where there were miniaturists and stores galore. I bet most of those have closed now, though.

Kelly, there are only 3 shops left in Northern California - Shellie's in San Carlos; Dollhouses, Trains and More in Novato; and Elegant Dollhouse in Sacramento.  Back in the 70's and 80's there were almost 50 shops in California now I believe it is 7 or 8.

4 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

I didn't realize what a mess I work in and these pictures are after I cleaned up some.  This was my son's bedroom so I have a separate space where I can keep my messy little secret from anyone coming in to the house.  I was too ashamed to show you the walk in closet....LOL

594e744fb627b_Workarea1.thumb.JPG.40dbb3594e74ac74e52_Workarea2.thumb.JPG.81d772Storage.thumb.JPG.667569a26b3127a0bd9b7a594e74dd4abb1_Paintarea2.thumb.JPG.e685f

LOL, Colleen, I have a roof structure on the floor under a desk also :) Where else do you put it?? You have some great storage solutions.. I feel the need for a trip to Ikea. :D

Debora, I seem to save anything... Yes... Hoarder might be a good word...But it is a forbidden word in my house...LOL... Sure is funny though when someone wants something I can walk right to it and I have it... Who's laughing then?....LOL

• Like 1

I mostly use our dining room.  It has the best light and I can see and hear the tv while I'm playing.  After I'm done what I'm doing w the dollhouse, I put furniture back in cause I'm so impatient and want to play now.  

Snapseed.jpg

• Like 3

I posted pix before of my dedicated space in our finished basement. It was my only requirement when we planned the layout. It is super messy and when I put something down (a cap of paint/glue, etc.), I don't remember where I put it. Then I have to retrace my steps to find it. When in the middle of a project, there is wax paper everywhere waiting for something with paint on it to dry. My counter is a disaster. I ordered some wood from Micromark and don't know where I am going to put it. I need to rethink my organization. I was thinking about that as I fell asleep last night. I wish my OCD would kick in for a workshop clean up!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2017, 11:58:39, Beulah said:

oh the messier the better, makes for a creative mind I say lol

In that case, I'm crazy creative! ;)

I took a couple of panoramic photos of the two rooms my stash (and Mom's) are in. They're terrifying! :eek: Will save them for when they're a 'before' and I have a reasonable 'after'. I'm in the midst of reorganising it all and there's a lot that isn't even miniature stuff in the bedroom (Mom used to stay with us occasionally and some of her things are still in there). I'm trying to get everything sorted into shoebox-sized boxes so there are piles of mini kitchen items on the third floor of the Arrow Royal Dream, wall decor items on the second floor, and miscellaneous decor items in the main floor. not to mention the stacks of open boxes labelled "Toys" and "Christmas" and "Flower Kits" and "Misc Garden Stuff" and "Anglophile Project" and "Trims" and "Naked Dolls" and on and on and on... My husband pitched in on Friday and it already looks much better. He moved the chair and microwave out and we're trying to get the bed out next so we can move a round table in that the current house project will go on, which will clear up the big table in the family room for small projects and the mini club. I really need to go through and sell things that I won't use, but also want to give the two nieces and one daughter I'm rehabbing houses for a chance to claim what they'd like. :dunno:

• Like 2

Teriann -I think I have the house in your picture, the one with the doors, I very much enjoyed renovating it.  

So,  cleaning suspended, room is a wreck, I bought a tiny glass terrarium and of course, had to create a little scene in it ...  back to cleaning tomorrow.  I moved all my molding strips onto a cart I found in the trash, I use clear tubes to sort them, and it all moved over as though the cart was meant to hold them.  I want the wood "planks" off the floor so I'm going to try a back of the door rack I found at target - we will see.  I saw the box and thought, hmmmm -that might work ...

• Like 1

And the pictures loaded !  Even more excited, despite the fact that our dark rainy day made my pictures a little dark 

used a metal cut off tool - sparked like crazy, grandsons are super impressed with me.   Had to sand the top of the door - someone explain why standing on a stool 3 floors up in the attic is way more terrifying than standing on a stool on the main level? 

Now if I had a second door in the attic I would do it again for the moldings.  They are stored right now in a cart I found in the trash years ago.  I can drag the cart to where I am working so that's convenient.

IMG_0679.JPG

I have decided to steal some wall space and do the same for the moulding, move off the cart.  First I have to gather to supplies though.  

And why does my iPad keep changing moulding to molding?  Grrr

18 hours ago, smjsome said:

Teriann -I think I have the house in your picture, the one with the doors, I very much enjoyed renovating it.  

So,  cleaning suspended, room is a wreck, I bought a tiny glass terrarium and of course, had to create a little scene in it ...  back to cleaning tomorrow.  I moved all my molding strips onto a cart I found in the trash, I use clear tubes to sort them, and it all moved over as though the cart was meant to hold them.  I want the wood "planks" off the floor so I'm going to try a back of the door rack I found at target - we will see.  I saw the box and thought, hmmmm -that might work ...

The front opening dollhouse is my fav!  I am working on it for my soon to be 3 yr old niece.  Should be shipping it out to San Fran in about two weeks!  Do you know anything about this house?  I'm pretty sure it was for sale from Pottery Barn. I have been on the look out for another one for me. Attaching a pic of it. 

IMG_3768.PNG

I could be wrong, someone told me it was a toy dollhouse for kids from England.  I found this one on Craigslist - it has stairs in the middle, what about yours? I added some walls and such - http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7292

they look the same don't they!

On 6/23/2017, 9:58:43, Cyn-AK said:

It is a Small world... Your friends are here in Wasilla??. Sweet... I really do like it here a lot!!

Yes, they are. They like it a lot, too. They post some beautiful pictures of the area.

Well, I was FINALLY able to get my pics to upload!  Anywho....As I mentioned on another posts, I had done some major cleaning/organizing in my workroom because a client was coming over to talk about house details.  But don't look in my closet!

So here is my space at the moment:

work room.JPG

work station 1.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/29/2017, 7:42:14, jbnmini said:

OK- I confess.....this is my "quick cleaning"!  LOL  :eek: :giggle:

Confession is good for the soul. And you know darn well we didn't believe the cleaned-up photos were representative of work in progress. :D 

On 6/29/2017, 5:42:14, jbnmini said:

OK- I confess.....this is my "quick cleaning"!  LOL  :eek: :giggle:

closet stash.JPG

Looks clean to me. Anyway, that is why closets were invented ????

Raise your hand if you have a stash of egg cartons!:punk:

• Like 1