HURRY.... Don't be Shy.....

Cyn-AK

Cyndy, I'd love to -- but it's currently pouring down rain here so I'm not going out to the shop. Have to say though, I am working on an improved area to work inside the house as well... given it's located in my bedroom, but as that used to be two rooms and then had a wall knocked down, I think it'll work. lol Must say yours looks great, especially with the houses around the edges, and the boxes and bins of furniture and whatnot. My "organization" is literally 18 gallon totes(don't know how many right off but I think 10) filled and at least labelled with "furniture", "wallpapers", "trims", "windows", etc.

Great idea for a topic, and if we dry out later I'll see about going out and getting a pic!  :)

Oh Come on Samantha... That's part of the fun of it all.... You never know what Ideas you may find from someones else work space...

Kelli, I sure wish you hadn't told me about the other half of your bedroom...I have had my wall removed as well as I am very claustrophobic and I could see me in there all night long with the little light on. If I thought of an idea I would have to get right up and do it...  SSSoooooo.... I think mine will have to stay in the *Other* half of the garage. My garage is attached to the house so there's no getting wet to get there... (in my case it would be snow). I am also very OCD so at night when I'm done working I have to clean up at least my work table. It's like the kitchen, no dishes can be on the counter when I wake up....

• Like 1

Ha! Yours looks tidy compared to what mine looked like....but I just spent a day cleaning it up, and now it's all put away....for now. I tend to be a messy artist when I've got a project going. :ohyeah:

• Like 1

A tornado hit last night. My electrical worked when I left town, but now it does not! I tore through my stuff looking for the tester. I went to bed frustrated and left the mess.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=128814

• Like 3

I am out, and I have to laugh, my room is in a state of neat and clean.  Which is very rare!  

My grandsons are here for the entire summer, and we turned the attic landing into a small bed room for one of the boys.  His brother likes to talk all night, and he wanted a space of his own.  

But- That means the door must stay open all night, so I can't actually drag too much out, cats you know, live for a good mess to get into!

so - my mini work has been me pulling out each tub, emptying all shelves, and just generally rearranging and weeding everything.  So right now, I'm surrounded by open tubs and ziplock bags!

tried to attach a pic, would not let me!

• Like 3

Oh I Love it.... Thanks Everyone....

Beulah I love the shelving you have in your work space. It allows easy access it looks like. All my storage has doors or drawers so I have to either remember where things are...Or Open every door or drawer...

To be honest...Everyone's work spaces look just as I would imagine they would...*Busy* And Creative!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

Wish I had a dedicated work space...all my stuff has to be taken out to work on and then put away the same day. :cry:

I finally decided that I wasn't going to worry about having my stuff out in the open. It is so hard when you have to move stuff all the time.

I made my own space. It is in the front entry way. I needed a creative outlet that I didn't have to clean up everyday. It greets everyone when they enter the house. The cat loves it because she can sunbathe while I work.

• Like 2

I Love my garage space as it can be used year round. I have heat in the winter and open both doors in the summer. I feel like I'm working outside when the doors are open. I like that is something that I'm using has a smell... The smell stay in the garage. I have my music if I want and it doesn't bother anyone else. It just worked out to be the best space for... I even get MOSQUITOES in the summer.... One of these days I'm going to Shellac them to a house roof!!!!  

• Like 1

I have a separate cottage for my work shed, out in the yard, away from the house. But that is becoming the storage unit for supplies. As my mother ages and needs more attention, it is better for me to stay in the house, so we have set up a worktable for me in our laundry/guestroom.  My DH raised the legs of a 6'x3' worktable, so it is counter height, and I have fashioned a curtain to put on it when I am not working - not covering the top of the table, just skirting to hide the underside.  I remove that when I work, giving access to all the stuff under it.   So far that is working very well and I really like being closer to everything - and being available if Mother should need me. 

Sorry - no pictures right now.

• Like 2

CJ, put them at that hotel that's over on 4th and tell them for $50 an hour I'll give them a tour of Bremerton. :roflmao:

I'll see about taking a pic tomorrow. My workspace is my bed and I'm currently occupying it (zonked from the dentist and all the running around I did today). I do have a cabinet stuffed with miniature junk and a dollhouse on top, though. Does that count?

• Like 3

CJ & Kelly I am so Jealous of you both. I moved from Everett, Wa.  to Alaska... And there is NO ONE Here to play dollhouse with me!!  Years ago when there I belonged to a group in Marysville. We would get together once a month and work on projects together and seemed to always have someone stopping by for coffee and *Building*! I'm so Sad! :sad_2:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cyn-AK said:

CJ & Kelly I am so Jealous of you both. I moved from Everett, Wa.  to Alaska... And there is NO ONE Here to play dollhouse with me!!  Years ago when there I belonged to a group in Marysville. We would get together once a month and work on projects together and seemed to always have someone stopping by for coffee and *Building*! I'm so Sad! :sad_2:

Small world!  I used to live in Marysville, but we were house hunting at the time, so I never got involved with anyone else in miniatures. I'm now over on the Peninsula.  But I have some friends in Wasilla that I have known since our school days, also from Washington!  

Unfortunately my work schedule keeps me from joining any mini-clubs now. They always meet on weekends, of course, and I work weekends. 

That's how I feel about here... One of my favorite shops was April Fool and Penny Too in Port Townsand. WOW...Such a great Shop...And also the one in Levenworth on Hwy 2. Oh I miss those... The only craft stores here are JoAnns Fabrics and a Family owned Hobby store in Anchorage that specializes in trains.  So all purchases for me are all on line. 

Mine is spread out in different areas, my sunroom has the 1/6 scale manor house, my artwork used for backdrops, the completed Princess Anne on a rolling table, with supplies and boxes underneath, my dog grooming table is holding a 1/6 scale set of stairs and underneath is a large tot with tools and more boxes [ anyone else save the boxes furniture comes it?

In my dining room I have casting periphenalia, and paint supplies glue etc. in a chest and out on my enclosed front porch I store wood trims in boxes under my Tudor doll house. I like to keep supplies out if site if possible. [ its a lot of work to hide all this stuff! ]

And lastly large sheets of wood, trim table saw and items and boxes I have used in a while out in my shed. I REALLY want to organize the shed in the next few months,

• Like 1