Anyone Know This House?

TerriAnn

Purchased at Goodwill for $50 about four yrs ago.  I was so excited about my find that I was in full dollhouse mode. So I looked on Craigslist for dollhouses and found the exact same house for sale.  I called up the owner and told him I purchased their dollhouse from Goodwill.  I asked why they gave it up. He said it belonged to his wife when she was a little girl and then their two daughters. The daughters are grown and his wife didn't want the it anymore. It broke my heart to think that this dollhouse was no longer wanted. Told him that I will give this little lady a great home. 

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

The picture I have in my catalog that matches it says it's called The Beauregard by Model Homes. The only difference is that the house in the pic has a dormer on each side as well as in front.

The description says the kit price (in 1981) was $229.95. The house had three floors, nine rooms, made of 1/4" thick wood (tongue and groove molding), plywood floors and a fibrewood base.

The measurements in the pic are 28" H x 39" W x 21" D. These measurements would probably be from eave to eave and from back to the end of the front steps. As your house doesn't have any front steps, you might be able to take an inch or two off the depth.

That's a nice house - good eye!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

The picture I have in my catalog that matches it says it's called The Beauregard by Model Homes. The only difference is that the house in the pic has a dormer on each side as well as in front.

The description says the kit price (in 1981) was $229.95. The house had three floors, nine rooms, made of 1/4" thick wood (tongue and groove molding), plywood floors and a fibrewood base.

The measurements in the pic are 28" H x 39" W x 21" D. These measurements would probably be from eave to eave and from back to the end of the front steps. As your house doesn't have any front steps, you might be able to take an inch or two off the depth.

That's a nice house - good eye!

I bet that is my house cause it did have dormers on the side!  I took them out.  What catalog are you looking in?  I tried to find a pic on line and still couldn't find one of the Beauregard. Any history info on Model Homes company?

8 hours ago, TerriAnn said:

Purchased at Goodwill for $50 about four yrs ago.  I was so excited about my find that I was in full dollhouse mode. So I looked on Craigslist for dollhouses and found the exact same house for sale.  I called up the owner and told him I purchased their dollhouse from Goodwill.  I asked why they gave it up. He said it belonged to his wife when she was a little girl and then their two daughters. The daughters are grown and his wife didn't want the it anymore. It broke my heart to think that this dollhouse was no longer wanted. Told him that I will give this little lady a great home. 

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

So cute! Did it come furnished?  That little bed is to die for! 

It was in the Miniatures Catalog 4th edition. I don't know much about Model Homes - I think they were pretty much gone when I got into miniatures, although I could be wrong. They made quite a few different houses and some of them are quite nice. One of them just got put up on Craig's List in this area recently - it's in the eBay thread just a couple pages back.

I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

And now that you mention the side dormers, I do see on the inside of the roof that there was an opening for one. I must have missed that the first time and my only excuse is it's too hot to think right now. LOL

And you might check that furniture a little closer - you might - MIGHT - have some Bespaq pieces in there. I'm really not too knowledgeable about furnishings, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a closer once over just in case. If not you have some very nice Concord furniture. DO you have the sofa that goes with that green felt chair? I've always loved that set and wanted it in blue - ah, well. One of these days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ecowdell said:

So cute! Did it come furnished?  That little bed is to die for! 

It was empty when I bought it.  About a month ago, I went to an estate sale and purchased about 95% of the miniatures  you see in this image. The bed is a Bespaq piece I got for $10. It was dark mahogany but I painted it white.  It is my fav bed!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

It was in the Miniatures Catalog 4th edition. I don't know much about Model Homes - I think they were pretty much gone when I got into miniatures, although I could be wrong. They made quite a few different houses and some of them are quite nice. One of them just got put up on Craig's List in this area recently - it's in the eBay thread just a couple pages back.

And now that you mention the side dormers, I do see on the inside of the roof that there was an opening for one. I must have missed that the first time and my only excuse is it's too hot to think right now. LOL

And you might check that furniture a little closer - you might - MIGHT - have some Bespaq pieces in there. I'm really not too knowledgeable about furnishings, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a closer once over just in case. If not you have some very nice Concord furniture. DO you have the sofa that goes with that green felt chair? I've always loved that set and wanted it in blue - ah, well. One of these days.

You are a wealth of knowledge!  Thank you!

The house came unfurnished.  I have prob over 60 Bespaq pieces now cause I hit the motherlode of estate sales about a month ago.  I was a kid in a candy store. I will post some of my buys in a gallery / album as soon as I figure how it works. 

3 hours ago, TerriAnn said:

It was empty when I bought it.  About a month ago, I went to an estate sale and purchased about 95% of the miniatures  you see in this image. The bed is a Bespaq piece I got for $10. It was dark mahogany but I painted it white.  It is my fav bed!

What a deal. It's adorable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I do not have the sofa that goes with the two green felt chairs.  Are these Bespaq?  I will go see if I can find a pic of this set in blue.  Was a light blue or dark blue?

Those  chairs are Concord. I have a Concord catalog that shows the set in there. Dark blue and you don't have to look for a pic - I have one in the catalog. I always liked them because I thought I would make an Art Deco house one day and they always looked so Art Deco to me.

If the other pieces don't have the Bespaq or Fantastic Merchandise label on them, you'd have to get someone more expert than me to tell you what they are. I'm familiar with a lot of dollhouses, but not nearly so much with furnishings. I only recognize a couple of pieces if they stick out to me.

• Like 1

On Monday, June 26, 2017 4:01:44, TerriAnn said:

You are a wealth of knowledge!  Thank you!

The house came unfurnished.  I have prob over 60 Bespaq pieces now cause I hit the motherlode of estate sales about a month ago.  I was a kid in a candy store. I will post some of my buys in a gallery / album as soon as I figure how it works. 

You're welcome! Getting all those pieces must have been thrilling!

• Like 1