I've just figured out how to reduce my iPhone photos so I can post here (I attach them to an email and then, before it sends, it asks me what size I want my attachments to be; I select "small." Save them to a new folder to post.)  Please bear with me on my retro-posting. Here are some pix of the vintage G.E.L. farmhouse  kit "Amanda" that I built for our church's past Christmas faire. I styled it as a Mary Engelbreit house, since I had a bunch of her stationary and scrapbook paper in my stash. (I think this was my fifth DH build.)

I love to find vintage kits on ebay, craigslist, garage sales, etc and give them a life out from under the bed or closet they'd been waiting in. I especially like to fill the little houses with things from somone's mother's stash or from a fellow mini-thusiast who's retiring. That's how nostalgic I am: I want to keep the dream alive for other crafters. After all, I've wanted to get into this hobby for years and years, but the more-than-full-time demands of work and family kept me from it. Now that I'm semi-retired I need to get to all the dollhouse projects calling to me from under my bed and on my garage shelves. 

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

image7.JPG

image8.JPG

image9.JPG

• Like 4

Very nice. I really like the kitchen. Is it a TOMY set?.

You can start an album, just click on the create button at the top of the page to the left of your picture. During that process, you can reorient your pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! It's tricky to decide on a room plan and to know how child-friendly (i.e. sturdy) things need to be when building a house for an auction. The house was bought by a grandmother for her 8- and 10-year-old grandkids. I wonder how well a house would go if I made it "not for < age 14"? 

33 minutes ago, DanaFree said:

. I wonder how well a house would go if I made it "not for < age 14"? 

Somebody would give it to kids anyway. But at least you wouldn't have to see it being destroyed.