My First Dollhouse (28 years old)

Dean4

NEW FROM GEORGIA

Just had a quick question on a very old Dollhouse kit my wife bought 28 years ago and now wants it built. Being very old it is a bit fragile and splinters pretty easy. Thought i might need to cut each piece carefuuly before I try to pop it out to prevent splintering. Can anyone provideany advie on this. Also believe the wood sheet are a bit thinner than they make them now.Thank you

Greenleaf dollhouses are die cut in 1/8" plywood.  You might want to give the plywood sheets a coat of clear sanding sealer on each side to help stabilize the wood before cutting out the pieces.  My cutting tool of choice is the good ol' Stanley utility knife with retractable blade that you can store extra blades in the handle.  The instant you feel the blade start to pull the least little bit, change that rascal for a new SHARP! blade to prevent all sorts of grief.  If you want to stain any parts you might also do that whilst they're still on the wood sheet.  I addressed some of these issues in my reply to your introduction.