New from St. Marys Georgia

Dean4

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for any assistance in the future. Wife and I are retired in St. Marys Ga. Wife bought a Tenningson by Art(something) 28 years ago at the Pottery in Williamsbur VA and has decided I should build it. As it is very old I will have a lot of questions and have never done one before so any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi there.

Welcome to the forum. Ask as many questions as you need to. I am only a newbie as well. Here are some things I have learned from the group.

• You can use a craft knife like X-acto to help free the difficult pieces. I just bought this heavy duty knife , and it is really sharp, and easier to handle.
  • Just have patience, and be prepared for sanding and filling in of any crevices with spackle or drywall compound. Wood fillers work good too.
  • Don't worry about mistakes, they can be fixed and add character to your house anyway.

I have an old Tennyson by Artply in my stash, and I am anxious to start on it. Google for pictures of others builds when you get a chance.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Darrell.  My Glencroft kit had some really nasty, crumbly pieces.  I stained the parts I wanted stained whilst they were still in the wood sheets using Minwax, which helped stabilize the wood so that instead of crumbling the thin trim bits split, broke or delaminated and were easily mended with a bit of wood glue applied with a toothpick, wrapped in  bit of waxed paper and clamped to dry.

Many, many years ago I used to live down the road from you in Jacksonville, FL.  You have the Cumberland Island National Seashore! and you're not that far from Anastasia.

Welcome Darrell, You found the Very Best Place for Answers to Millions of Questions. I think All these ladies combined, KNow everything there is to know about dollhouses. So Glad You joined us! Hope to see your Tenningson Soon!!