Newbie from Florida

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am brand new to making houses. I have worked with polymer clay for years making miniatures. I have always wanted to start a house, I just figured it was beyond my abilities. I'm excited to begin and communicate with all the artists on this site! 

Also, can someone instruct me how to reply to comments? I'm not familiar yet with the website. 

Thank you!!

Missy  

Edited by Missy A
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Missy A said:

Also, can someone instruct me how to reply to comments? I'm not familiar yet with the website. 

Hi Missy. Welcome to the forum.

To reply to a comment, click on the Quote link below it. The original post can be edited (as I did to yours) to save space.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Melissa, Glad to meet you....

When I reply I just click on the Quick Reply below the post.... Hope it helps. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Missy,

Welcome!

And what area of Florida are you from?  

I am in Tallahassee. :)

-terri

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the little family, Melissa.  The first rule of any craft is that NOTHING is beyond your abilities if you give it a try.  Your abilities might not reach as far as you'd like (I can't make furniture like Ferd Sobol or dolls like James Carrington,  but I still make most of my own furniture & dolls), but you can do anything you're willing to try and keep picking at.  I am a mile west of Pensacola, FL.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Melissa.  The first rule of any craft is that NOTHING is beyond your abilities if you give it a try.  Your abilities might not reach as far as you'd like (I can't make furniture like Ferd Sobol or dolls like James Carrington,  but I still make most of my own furniture & dolls), but you can do anything you're willing to try and keep picking at.  I am a mile west of Pensacola, FL.

I feel the same as Holly, when I first started I thought I couldnt do anything but now Im ok with what I make, I live on Ohio so during the winter months I need things to keep busy,  you can only clean a house so much before you go nuts and tv is for the birds

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017, 4:52:56, TerriAnn said:

Hi Missy,

Welcome!

And what area of Florida are you from?  

I am in Tallahassee. :)

-terri

Hi Terry!

I am in SW FL - Fort Myers :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017, 5:47:58, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Melissa.  The first rule of any craft is that NOTHING is beyond your abilities if you give it a try.  Your abilities might not reach as far as you'd like (I can't make furniture like Ferd Sobol or dolls like James Carrington,  but I still make most of my own furniture & dolls), but you can do anything you're willing to try and keep picking at.  I am a mile west of Pensacola, FL.

Thanks Holly! I am in SW FL - Fort Myers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have camped at Koreshan State Historic Site, the campground is in their old citrus grove.  Is Nancy's dollhouse shop still in Naples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

We have camped at Koreshan State Historic Site, the campground is in their old citrus grove.  Is Nancy's dollhouse shop still in Naples?

Nancy's closed about 3 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now