Newbie from Florida

Missy A

Hi everyone! I am brand new to making houses. I have worked with polymer clay for years making miniatures. I have always wanted to start a house, I just figured it was beyond my abilities. I'm excited to begin and communicate with all the artists on this site! 

Also, can someone instruct me how to reply to comments? I'm not familiar yet with the website. 

Thank you!!

Missy  

Edited by Missy A
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Missy A said:

Also, can someone instruct me how to reply to comments? I'm not familiar yet with the website. 

Hi Missy. Welcome to the forum.

To reply to a comment, click on the Quote link below it. The original post can be edited (as I did to yours) to save space.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Melissa.  The first rule of any craft is that NOTHING is beyond your abilities if you give it a try.  Your abilities might not reach as far as you'd like (I can't make furniture like Ferd Sobol or dolls like James Carrington,  but I still make most of my own furniture & dolls), but you can do anything you're willing to try and keep picking at.  I am a mile west of Pensacola, FL.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Melissa.  The first rule of any craft is that NOTHING is beyond your abilities if you give it a try.  Your abilities might not reach as far as you'd like (I can't make furniture like Ferd Sobol or dolls like James Carrington,  but I still make most of my own furniture & dolls), but you can do anything you're willing to try and keep picking at.  I am a mile west of Pensacola, FL.

I feel the same as Holly, when I first started I thought I couldnt do anything but now Im ok with what I make, I live on Ohio so during the winter months I need things to keep busy,  you can only clean a house so much before you go nuts and tv is for the birds

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017, 5:47:58, havanaholly said:

Thanks Holly! I am in SW FL - Fort Myers! 

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

We have camped at Koreshan State Historic Site, the campground is in their old citrus grove.  Is Nancy's dollhouse shop still in Naples?

Nancy's closed about 3 years ago.