What If I Combined....

rodentraiser

Let your imagination run wild here.

I was thinking of taking two Brookwoods, turning them sideways, and making a Colonial Saltbox house out of them. My other fantasy included taking the Duracraft Heritage, splitting it in two, and placing the pieces one on each side of the San Franciscan.

What are your crazy and not so crazy ideas about combining houses? Any house and any number of houses are a go! And who knows? You may give someone the idea of a lifetime!

I used to have a Sugarplum and a Buttercup I was going to bash together, and Mike gave me a really clever idea of how to do it; but after I moved all my mini stuff into the workshop I realized I no longer have one of the kits.

Oooh Kelly you are so ambitious! I think both ideas are very interesting!

I'm just trying to get the first floor ceiling on the New Orleans kit finished so I can move on to my Christmas project. I have only a few small structural changes planned for the Duracraft Columbian kit...

Kit Tweak Rendering - Compressed.jpg

I think I've always wanted to hinge two Beacon Hill's together so you have a giant hinged opening house.  And then Linda went and did it and wow - that cannot be topped. http://lindasminiaturehappenings.blogspot.com/search?q=beacon+hill

I also have thought about adding a hinged back onto my Glencroft that would include an additional room or two. But that is as far as I ever got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Let your imagination run wild here.

I was thinking of taking two Brookwoods, turning them sideways, and making a Colonial Saltbox house out of them. My other fantasy included taking the Duracraft Heritage, splitting it in two, and placing the pieces one on each side of the San Franciscan.

What are your crazy and not so crazy ideas about combining houses? Any house and any number of houses are a go! And who knows? You may give someone the idea of a lifetime!

I think the idea of attaching the Heritage halves onto a San Fran is brilliant. Wow! The San Fran so NEEDS extra rooms!!! I would love to try that. But alas, I am no builder. Could I saw a finished house in half and do that?! lol

• Like 1

I love cottages, so I tend in the other direction. I look at how to cut up a big house into smaller ones, which is what I did with a Tennyson.

But I've always liked the Beacon Hill built on top of a Newburg (?) Queen Ann (?). I'm not sure of the base house, but it's the BH on top. :) 

http://pin.it/XqGsZck

• Like 2

Jodi, I'm not that ambitious because I really am not going to do any combining. It was just an idea. However...

Wait a sec - my memory is getting away from me here. I don't think I actually split the Rosedale (this was back in the early 80s), but I think I did bash a Coventry Cottage on to the second floor of it. I do remember the little staircase going up to the second floor and then the CC bay window attached to the bathroom of the Rosedale and overhanging the first floor. So I"m not sure you could call that combination.

I did have a recent fantasy about getting two Beacon Hills. I would take the two rooms over the kitchen and add them against the kitchen side, so that little roof area on the third floor would be snugged against the second floor bathroom. I don't know what I'd do with it. I just thought it would look neat.

My other fantasy about the Beacon Hill was to get three of them and glue all the same pieces together to get a Beacon Hill with 3/8" thick walls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dalesq said:

liked the Beacon Hill built on top of a Newburg

Wowser, that is some house.  I would love to have the vision to bash houses together, but I guess I am not that creative.  You all are so very creative, love seeing all your visions.  Maybe, someday I can use one your visions to create a cool house.

• Like 1

Among the pending projects that I have in my dreams is to bash 2 Adams kits to build my dream beach house (after the beach house that I Used to go for the summer time when I was little), and I already mentioned here my desire to build the Paddington Bear dollhouse from the movie. I haven't found any kit, nor a house that has all the elements that I want to realize this project, so I almost have decided that I will combine 2 kits to build this Paddington house. First I was seriously considering to put together 2 RGT Victorian farmhouses and build them backwards (the front will be the back and the back will be the new front. The already milled siding presents a problem for this bashing. Then, I was given two 1/2" scale kits (the colonial and the farmhouse), so now I am thinking about bashing this 2 instead. I have no idea what on earth will be the results but I am very excited about this plan.(again, a problem will be the milled siding as well). jiijij