Happy Canada Day! 150!

me-barbie

BBQ supplies ready! I am hoping for an extra special fireworks display, cause I do love me some fireworks.The day started out sunny, it has now clouded over, but as long as there is no rain, it's all good...a storm in the distance against the fireworks tonight might make for some awesome photography though.... And yes, I know many people are protesting today, and I respect that choice. My choice is different, I am choosing hope. I am choosing hope because I am hearing *for the first time ever*, "oh my god, why weren't we taught this in school?". I am seeing people starting to really talk and reach out to understand First Nations issues, and to take those first, and really uncomfortable steps, towards understanding the multigenerational effects of colonization. I am hearing less and less "why can't you just get over it?". I am hearing less and less "Well *I* didn't send anyone to residential school, why should I feel guilty". I am seeing people trying to heal that. It won't happen over night, and not everyone will agree with me. But I see hope.

• Like 2