Dollhouses in film and TV

TerriAnn

On 7/8/2017, 10:39:29, TerriAnn said:

Here is the Thornhill dollhouse I found for $50 at Goodwill in Pensacola, FL.  I had a video company ask me if they could use it for a music video. :)

My Thornhill Dollhouse in a Music Video

WOW!!! That's pretty darn cool, @TerriAnn

On 7/8/2017, 8:27:39, grazhina said:

Don't remember if this one was on one of the previous lists. I'm watching Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot in  After The Funeral. After a few minutes I recalled that this was the one with a dollhouse in the drawing room.

Unfortunately I keep getting a message that the image is too big, even though it isn't. I checked it 3 times.

Hey @grazhina, I'll have to check that out! Thank you! Weird about the image, but we'll get it sorted. Thanks for adding to the list!

• Like 1

Dollhouse tv-movie-game related - there is some game called House of Anubis or something like that (I have no clue how it works - just that a dollhouse is involved!) - which includes a dollhouse that provides clues.

The house appears to light up by itself as most fictional dollhouses do (though I had a house that did that once and it was delightfully creepy but mostly delightful).

In the interior shot - does anyone else think the couches are too small? I mean really too small! And made of fimo?

http://the-house-of-anubis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dollhouse

large.anubis_dollhouse.png.0d24936fe404alarge.anubishouse2.png.05e4fc3689acd1d26large.inside.png.f16c305b43eaef6a70626cc

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

There is a doll house in the Babe...about the pig. I haven't watched that movie in a while, and couldn't find any images.

A lot of action centered around the grandfather building that dollhouse for the granddaughter for her Christmas gift, and then the little brat turned up her nose at it!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

There is a doll house in the Babe...about the pig. I haven't watched that movie in a while, and couldn't find any images.

Noted! I'll have to see if I can track it down and get a screen cap. I've got a couple movies coming from Netflix just to see the dollhouses. :) I'm obsessed with this project!

21 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Dollhouse tv-movie-game related - there is some game called House of Anubis or something like that (I have no clue how it works - just that a dollhouse is involved!) - which includes a dollhouse that provides clues.

The house appears to light up by itself as most fictional dollhouses do (though I had a house that did that once and it was delightfully creepy but mostly delightful).

In the interior shot - does anyone else think the couches are too small? I mean really too small! And made of fimo?

http://the-house-of-anubis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dollhouse

Oh wow! Good find, Elsbeth! I'm going to have to see if I can track this down. Thank you!!! (and yeah, those couches.... hmm.) :)

Keep them coming, you guys! This is great! Thank you so much for playing! :)

14 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

A lot of action centered around the grandfather building that dollhouse for the granddaughter for her Christmas gift, and then the little brat turned up her nose at it!

Aww, that is just sad. I haven't watched Babe in ages, but I guess now I have to! :)

19 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I remember that...scene - I saw it a few months ago!

When his granddaughter (Brittany Byrns) opens her gift on Christmas morning, she deigns to lay one glance on the dollhouse, and wails in disappointment. “It’s the wrong one!,” she complains. “I WANT THE HOUSE I SAW ON THE TELEVISION!” Never mind that she has a marvel of mastercraft in front of her. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017, 3:21:14, Griffonfeathers said:

Oooh! Me too!  I was compiling a list, I'll have to see if I can find it!

But the first one that springs to my mind is the dollhouse in "The Awakening".

the-awakening-doll-house.jpg?w=768&h=326

I'm a huge horror fan, and the dollhouse is pretty important to the story. It's a good movie too. :)

I'll see if I can find that list! I can't wait to see if this thread comes up with more things to add to it!

I watched The Awakening last night with my best friend!  We screamed and jumped off the couch several times.  It was so good.  And I got so happy anytime she was close to the dollhouse.  I kept wanting to show more and more of the beautiful dollhouse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TerriAnn said:

Look!  I think it's a Beacon Hill Dollhouse in the background.  It is at the beginning of Law & Order:  Special Victims Unit Season 17 Episode 12.

It's not a Beacon Hill -- wrong roofline and windows -- but it is lovely. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TerriAnn said:

Look!  I think it's a Beacon Hill Dollhouse in the background.  It is at the beginning of Law & Order:  Special Victims Unit Season 17 Episode 12.

large.lawordersvudollhouse.jpg.99118f566

Looks like an RGT Newport. With tower roof set off to the back?

il_570xN.1225877958_fr4s.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Elsbeth said:

I wonder why the top is set off to the back? Is it part of the story? Did someone hide a clue in there? lol

Not part of the story at all.  It was just in the background when the detectives was questioning the victim.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:32:45, havanaholly said:

Aha!  THAT one might be the front of the dollhouse in the "Werewolves" episode of CSI.

I just finished watching that episode (S6, E11) and was gonna post it, but you beat me to it, Holly. The only thing is, the house in the werewolf episode is The First Lady by RGT.

59840993979c1_firstlady.png.5757ec58fda4

BY the way, do you remember the guy who kept leaving bodies in tubs with a tape recorder? When Catherine visited the home of that guy's mother, there was a dollhouse in the kid's room. It was very brief and I couldn't tell which one it was.

There was a series in the 80s called Return of the Antelope, about two English children who befriend some Lilliputians who live in their dollhouse. I loved it at the time, but haven't seen it since it aired way back then. Here is a pic of the Lilliputians in the dollhouse!

IMG_2624.JPG

Thank you, Kelly!  I couldn't find a still photo of the werewolves" dollhouse.  Now I'll have to dig out the first season to watch for Pauline Melander's dollhouse (I have three more episodes to watch in Season 8).