Dollhouses on TV and Movies

113 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Just found this documentary 

This is the one about Frances Glessner Lee's nutshell studies of unexplained death.  She was a fascinating woman, and her work was fascinating,  too (and still used today).  We liked what she did so much, we made our own diorama of death for our Thanksgiving murder mystery dinner last year.

50 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

This is the one about Frances Glessner Lee's nutshell studies of unexplained death.  She was a fascinating woman, and her work was fascinating,  too (and still used today).  We liked what she did so much, we made our own diorama of death for our Thanksgiving murder mystery dinner last year.

I want to go to your house for Thanksgiving!! Is the food to die for? ;)

Sounds fun!

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Is the food to die for?

It's not bad.  :)  We both love to cook and bake (mostly me baking).

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

You're welcome!

It was just coincidence that I saw the episode last night.

I just downloaded episodes 13 thru 18 of Season 6. I'm watching about 6 episodes a day (nothing else to do in this heat wave).

I have three episodes left of Season 8 to watch, hopefully today.

Sort of related to this topic but I ran across this book excerpt about celebrity collections. Here's singer Brenda Lee with some of her dollhouses. Several GLs. 

IMG_3210.JPG

3 people like this

Not sure, are those all GL houses, I recognize the Pierce and Arthur (?) I think...is the one behind her a GL? 

Maybe 80s going by the hair style and popularity of the hobby in that decade.

The one behind her looks like the Artply (?) Worthington to me.

I'd  have to look up the plantation style one, but I think the white one with blue trim behind the Arthur is a Batrie model called The Sparrow or Sparrow Lane or something like that. For some reason it never was as popular as the Newbury or the New Orleans. There was an even earlier model on eBay with a different name recently.

I don't recognize the one across from the Arthur in front, though.

1 person likes this

The modern one in front is the Tomy Dollhouse from the 80s. smaller Homes and Gardens.

1 person likes this

It's reversed and looks like the at was left off of the  end that doesn't have the tower.  I love the addition of a chimney.

On Saturday, August 05, 2017 1:24:36, Elsbeth said:

The modern one in front is the Tomy Dollhouse from the 80s. smaller Homes and Gardens.

I don't think so. The Tomy roof slants left to right, not back to front.

dollhouse.jpg

10 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I don't think so. The Tomy roof slants left to right, not back to front.

Pretty sure it is. Yes if you were looking at it from open back, it would be the 1 roofed vaulted living room  view..,but this the bedroom wing viewed from the front. Ha-cha! 

I  just watched BFG on Netflix with my kids and when I noticed this beautiful dollhouse in the hallway of the orphanage I had to run for the remote and rewind/pause to get a better look about 50 times!

IMG_2449[1].JPG

IMG_2450[1].JPG

1 person likes this

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:17:16, Elsbeth said:

dollhouse.jpg

Pretty sure it is. Yes if you were looking at it from open back, it would be the 1 roofed vaulted living room  view..,but this the bedroom wing viewed from the front. Ha-cha! 

OK, I'll bite. That's the Tomy dollhouse. But then, what the heck was I looking at? It wasn't a Lundby house and it wasn't Caroline's house. It looked a lot like the Highland, but it was a children's plastic house. And of course, now I can't find it.

But speaking of movie dollhouses, we have another CSI episode a dollhouse. This one was a twofer - the kid in one house kept a dollhouse and her secret stalker kept the same dollhouse in his room, too.

vlcsnap-2017-08-26-23h11m08s625.thumb.pn

1 person likes this

Kelly I stopped watching CSI when Ted Danson joined the cast, except for the very last episode, when Bill Peterson returned.  Which season is that from?

9 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, I'll bite. That's the Tomy dollhouse. But then, what the heck was I looking at? It wasn't a Lundby house and it wasn't Caroline's house. It looked a lot like the Highland, but it was a children's plastic house. And of course, now I can't find it.

But speaking of movie dollhouses, we have another CSI episode a dollhouse. This one was a twofer - the kid in one house kept a dollhouse and her secret stalker kept the same dollhouse in his room, too.

vlcsnap-2017-08-26-23h11m08s625.thumb.pn

Was it a chalet house (the house you were looking at that you thought was the Tomy)?

http://www.dollshousespastandpresent.com/Magazine%20photos/Issue%2021/Chalet%20style%20houses/Brumberger%20Chalet%20dollhouse%20box%20Deaun%20cr.jpg

You know, that might have been it, but I can't be sure. I know nothing at all about any dollhouses that are smaller than 1" scale, believe it or not. LOL I'll probably know it if I see it and if so, I'll let you know.

DHE's Montgomery Hall in the film "Creation":

Creation-Screengrab.jpg

1 person likes this

Found another one!  From the original Freaky Friday (1976) in Annabel's bedroom, a tin Wolverine Dollhouse.

images.jpg

1 person likes this

They don’t show it in the Trailer but the beginning of each of 6 episodes of Le Chalet with English subtitles on Nextflix has a mini replica of the village where this mystery is based. I’m not much of a binge watcher but this show captured me for an entire day.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80232914

1 person likes this

On 9/2/2017, 4:41:08, havanaholly said:

Kelly I stopped watching CSI when Ted Danson joined the cast, except for the very last episode, when Bill Peterson returned.  Which season is that from?

Holly, it's been a while since I was here, obviously. LOL

But I don't remember what season it was from and I don't remember the episode. I probably didn't remember it when I watched it, either.

This isn't from TV, but the puzzle site I'm on had this as a puzzle to do:

dollhouses.jpg.3410c77866030f5a9902bc6c9

I personally love this film, I rememberd it has many creepy living toys in it but I noticed this dollhouse in online pics. Will have to go back and rewatch it.

20180512_085020.png

1 person likes this

In the 2nd season of Supernatural there was a fantastic Dollhouse in it

Dollhouse.jpg

2 people like this