Hi, everyone--I'm a new member who was just told by another member how to introduce myself--I hope I don't ramble on too long!

I'm 74, and am finally finishing a Dura Ceaft 800 Victorian Mansion I built in the early 80's! The exterior, painted periwinkle, pale aqua, and pale peach, with lots of gooey gingerbread and white trim, is almost finished, and the kitchen and "back porch", which serves as an extension of the kitchen since the house is (fictionally) located in a warm climate, in Natches, Mississippi (I live in Nashville, TN). The roof shingles were individually varnished 35 years ago--thank heavens! I don't think I'd have the patience to do that now!

The time has come to do the 1st floor living room, dining room, and music room (the little tower room), in dusty blues and mauve, then next, the 2nd floor master suite, den, and study, then the children's rooms and attic.

I've been very fortunate to travel to many different places, and buy something for the dollhouse from many of those places--like living room furniture and master bedroom fabric wall covering from China, blown glass from Israel, Limoges from France, Aynsley from England, inlay from India, etc.

I also have my large 2 storey tin dollhouse from Christmas 1949, filled with Renwal goodies, an antique "box house" with liftable roof done in a Renwal schoolroom, and half scale, quarter scale, and the tiniest scale--144?--to do next!

I live with 2 adorable toy Schnausers, Annabelle and Tia, and 2 inside fishies and 16 outside fishies!

Thank you all for listening, and for providing a wonderful forum for dollhousing!

Mary Helen

(Tiaannabelle's Mom)

• Like 4

Hi and welcome

Im a doggie Mom too my little one is Lilly shes a doxie everyone says shes a beagle because of the coloring but a woman that had doxies told me she was just a tri colored doxie, shes very loving and healed my broken heart, I lost my two beagles within months of each other one to old age and one to cancer, next up is Cooper he is a boxer lab mix that needed a home. I never had such a dog before but I brought him home and my husband just loves him. hes brindle colored so you cant see him at night. he loves squeek toys so you have to watch were you walk because he will leave them around the house. Ive mostly built things from scratch but I have two kits that I have to start ..maybe next year.

hugs

Marisa

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tiaannabelle's Mom said:

Thank you, Holly--I love your cousin and Queen names!

mary helen

There was a quiz in the chat section (one of many such) that yielded goofy results based on how one answered a set of questions, and my forum sister, Deb, added the "cousin".  I am the queen of spackle because I use it for just bout everything (stucco, stonework, filler, skim coat over primed wood & under paint/wallpaper..).  Lately I've been branching out to drywall mud and joint compound.

Welcome Mary Helen.  I can't wait to see your houses.  they sound wonderful. Animals lol, I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 donkey, 3 horses a bull and 10 Scottish Highland cows, Yes they all have names LOL

7 hours ago, Tiaannabelle's Mom said:

Dani and Carrie, thank you for your kind words of welcome!

Carrie, are you in Nashville frequently? Like to maybe meet for coffee?

mary helen

I have family in Nolensville and Brentwood. I just visited in June. If I am out there again, I'll let you know.

Thank you, Donna, for the sweet welcome, the adorable little chat group(!), and the beautiful, and so true thought about our loved ones.

Carrie, we have a wonderful dollhouse shop here, on Thompson Lane, which runs between Franklin Road, leading to Brentwood, and Nolensville Road, leading to Nolensville! Miniature Cottage--you can google it--it's been here a long time--I bought my Dura Craft 800 kit there in '82, and several tiny Millie August houses, my dining room table, and other pieces. It's a tiny shop, just packed full of goodies!

Everyone! Happy Birthday, USA!

mary helen

• Like 1

Thank you, Donna, for the sweet welcome, the adorable little chat group(!), and the beautiful, and so true thought about our loved ones.

Carrie, we have a wonderful dollhouse shop here, on Thompson Lane, which runs between Franklin Road, leading to Brentwood, and Nolensville Road, leading to Nolensville! Miniature Cottage--you can google it--it's been here a long time--I bought my Dura Craft 800 kit there in '82, and several tiny Millie August houses, my dining room table, and other pieces. It's a tiny shop, just packed full of goodies!

Everyone! Happy Birthday, USA!

mary helen

I just googled    miniature cottage.com    and learned that the    3blindmice.com    show will be here in Brentwood September 8/9!

Might never have known if not for this fun forum! Some of you might want to make plans to come, and maybe we could meet for coffee!

mary helen

8 hours ago, Tiaannabelle's Mom said:

Hi, Beulah! Thank you, and how lovely that your 4 legged friends are named! Are you in Scotland?

My fishies all have names, also!

I don't know how to post pics--I'm on iPad--no real computer!

mary helen

Beulah is Joanne's username, and she's in Texas.  We have some Scottish members, but they have been awfully quiet of late.

Welcome Mary Helen. I am Buttons' mother, my darling Shihpoo. I had kitties before; when they crossed the rainbow bridge, I was too heartbroken to get another one. But my little dog (first one I've ever had) is a great companion. What she lacks in physical size she makes up for in personality and heart. Just like our miniatures!!

Hi, Joanne--I haven't quite gotten the hang of this site yet! I love Texas!

Dear Amy, I know Buttons is a most fortunate little doggie to have you for a Mom! Your mention of The Rainbow Bridge brings to mind all of my little friends who are waiting for me!

I love that poem--just re-reading it each time makes the loss easier!

all--blessed day,

mary helen

Don't worry about the real names, T Mom. I never know who anyone is talking to when real names are used. I associate members usernames with their houses and there are so many wonderful people and houses that trying to keep their real names straight hurts my brain.  

• Like 1