Beachside Bungalow

Has anyone done RGT Beachside Bungalow.  I did it for my granddaughter last year, I am redoing it.  The stairs on on the left side with the window.  Should I make that the kitchen or living room.  I don't think I would want to walk into a kitchen.  Either way I want to put another window in the room with the door.  If you have a photo of your inside could you let me know.  Thank you so much.

I have 2 in the treasure stash.   I'm going to "bash into one house with a garage.  I have saved photos of 3 different real houses that I'm using for my inspiration.  I've thought if stairs right at the front  door,  them changed my thoughts.  That's why they aren't out of the box yet.

• Like 2

Our house in OH had stairs right at the front door.  One afternoon the paperboy came to collect and I had already noted a green cast to the sky and had cleared out a space in the closet under the stairs; as I was paying the kid I heard that freight train sound and snatched him and my kids who were playing in the hall and crammed all of us into that closet until the "freight train" passed.  When the paperboy walked outside and saw the destruction the tornado had caused he thanked me.

I had stairs in my Westville kitchen, I made a utility closet under them:

blog-242-1129238278.jpg

• Like 2

You can also put your stairs in the "back" of the house (the part that doesn't show) to give yourself more room for furniture. I am doing that with my 1/2 scale bungalow because the rooms are just too tight for stairs.