Cape House RGT 1287 and 1288

Does anyone know if the Cape House was ever sold as a Base 1287 and then 1287/1288 which included the second floor? I have an opportunity to purchase it but am unclear if the two floors are in one kit or if this is just a second floor addition. - here's a crummy photo for review ... maybe @rodentraiser the knower of all things DH knows lol 

IMG_3314.JPG

• Like 1

I'd have to look that one up. Seems to me there were two houses - one was just the single story and the roof, and the other was two stories and the roof. But let me take a couple days and find out.

Tomorrow all my magazines have to be packed up and taken out of my room for spraying, which will be done on Tuesday. Lisa is helping me and we'll be starting the packing at 7am, so I won't have a chance to look at them before that. I'm hoping to move everything back in on Tuesday night, but we'll see how things go.

Do you know if that's a Batrie kit?

On 7/10/2017, 12:09:46, rodentraiser said:

I'd have to look that one up. Seems to me there were two houses - one was just the single story and the roof, and the other was two stories and the roof. But let me take a couple days and find out.

Tomorrow all my magazines have to be packed up and taken out of my room for spraying, which will be done on Tuesday. Lisa is helping me and we'll be starting the packing at 7am, so I won't have a chance to look at them before that. I'm hoping to move everything back in on Tuesday night, but we'll see how things go.

Do you know if that's a Batrie kit?

It say Cape House from RGT on the box so I don't believe it is :) 

OK, well, I'm finally back online after being gone for almost 3 days, but I won't have access to any of my catalogs until after next Tuesday. I will have bags of stuff to carry up from my car and put away, so it may be a couple days after that, too. And after getting all my stuff bagged and stored away, the only thing that got sprayed was my bed. Never again will pull all those books off the shelf unless I'm moving.

7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

...after getting all my stuff bagged and stored away, the only thing that got sprayed was my bed...

If they were spraying for bedbugs they ought to have sprayed everything upholstered in your room, not just your bed!

Well, er, Holly, the fact is, I have so much stuff that it wasn't possible to even spray the bed and the edges of the wall unless I moved some of it (I'm the one who layers furniture, remember? LOL). That's part of the contention between me and the manager right now. She says I have "too much stuff" and I need to get rid of my books, my magazines, my sofa, my little heater, etc.

The only thing upholstered in my room besides the bed is my sofa, and I "think" they sprayed that. I certainly hope they sprayed along the walls. The rest of the stuff, like my computer, I didn't exactly want sprayed, so it went out to the car for two days to let the heat kill any bedbugs that might be in it, because they can get into electronics as well. I also put the modem out there.

The rest of the stuff that's out there is the stuff from my dresser so that could be sprayed, all my books and magazines that were on the bottom shelves, and all of the clothes from my closet, plus a couple blankets.Once the clothes comes out of the car, I'll wash them all and dry them on high heat to kill whatever may be in there, if anything. But I can't do that for the books.

Normally a couple days in a hot car will kill any bedbugs, but in this case, I have so many bags piled up, the manager and pest control guys said to give it at least a week. On top of that, we're now having unusually cool weather - wouldn't you know.

The good (?) news is the terminators are coming back for a recheck next Tuesday. So I get to disconnect the computer and move the bed yet again!

I so want to get out of this place!

• Like 1

I picked up this kit for a steal, but the guy I got it from was super creepy .... wanted me to come inside and I said, nope I'll wait here lol ....haven't inventoried it yet as the box appears sealed, so we will see what's up

• Like 1

You're welcome and congrats on getting the house! So far, I've never experienced creepy. Usually it's the other way around. I've had people invite me, a perfect stranger, into their houses to see their other collections. When I went to pick up my copper pots and pans, the little old woman selling them, alone in the house at the time, invited me straight in. And she lived in what was easily a VERY high scale area. I was more worried about her than I was about myself.

this is the first time I've been creeped out, it was on offer up, and from the moment we began communication I was leary of him, something was off, when I pulled up to his home, the garage door was wide open and it seemed that no one was in it, I looked in and then was startled to see a woman sitting on a stool and she went and got the owner.  He doesn't collect, he claims the house was given to his daighter by his father and it was never built....still something wasn't right....someone was working on her van in the garage and the van was filled TO THE BRIM with stuff, clothes, shows, not in boxes just inside.  Only the drivers seat and passenger were usable.  When the owner of the house came out, he comes out with no shirt, begins to invite me inside and tell me he just got back from court...blah blah blah ....I was really uneasy, and I am not an uneasy person.....but again, something felt off....so I declined.  I just said, oh I don't want to impose and I have my son sitting in the car, he gets anxious if he can't see me.  (my son is autistic) Who knows, Iwas probably just being weird, but followed my gut, lol

I'm still confused about what the kit looks like. I'm going to wait until later tonight before I start bringing books back into my room. It was hot out today and I want to give it time to cool off a little, or I'll be a dripping mess again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is too late to help you, but I finally did find a pic in my catalog and I wish I could have helped you sooner. My catalog says the single story was called The Cape (cat. #1287) and the two story was called The Town Cape (cat. #1288). It looks like they were two separate houses and there was no second story addition to the single story one. There's a house that looks a lot like this on eBay right now that's called the Cape Cod except it's by Batrie

I'm not sure why you were given two numbers because to me, that would have indicated that you would receive two houses, one single story and one two story. Also, the picture looks like the Town Cape, so why you ended up with a single story house, I don't understand either. You're right, the whole thing was fishy.

I'm not sure where RGT got that house from. For one thing, it's only 1/4" thick wood and it's made by tong and groove siding, like the Duracraft or Batrie houses. And it's in my catalog as of 1985 - that was well after they started making some really nice collector houses. It's a mystery. But look at it this way - you have a fairly unique house.

Here is the Batrie Cape Cod and it looks just about the same as yours, although it's not as deep:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Batrie-cape-cod-dollhouse-kit-/261296291657?hash=item3cd678ff49:g:yCoAAOxyTkJSRgSJ

Again, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I just didn't get the catalogs back into my room till about a week ago.

• 2 years later...

well after 2 years of having this house, I finally got the guts to open the box and inventory it - turns out is a Cape Batrie 1287 house, single story and the instructions are inside - I tossed the box because it was so battered and bagged everything and boxed in a new container - I was gong to get rid of it completely but after reading the instructions and looking at the little picture on the instructions, I thought maybe Id keep it after all.....I do have some other houses that need to be rehomed but will need to list those later this week incase anyone here is interested.