Vintage Kitchen Inspirations

KathieB

23 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Thanks for the pictures. I love Hoosier cabinets.:drool2:  Speaking of vintage kitchens?

I was wondering if anyone knows why Miniature Monitor top refrigerators are so pricey? Brand new they are $40 -$50, and I am hard pressed to find one under $20 on eBay. I may need to cobble one together.

The monitor-top fridge in my hacienda's kitchen was a kit.  It's 1:24, but if I make one in 1:12 I'll copy it:

more kit & scratch

When I bought the 1:12 one I have from HBS it was only $35USD:

the finished interior:  the kitchen

• Like 1

The fridge is part of the set of the old time wringer washer and the 1920s stove. They're all made out of metal and they've always been about $50 or so. Keep looking though. Every now and then someone puts one up on eBay for less money.

• Like 1

Thank you for the link.....great ideas for my Victorian house Kitchen. My mother- in-law who is 92 had a Pink refrigerator in the 70's, that had double doors on the top with counter space in the middle and the freezer on the bottom that was a draw type freezer. I'd like to try to make that for my kitchen. Will see....

39 minutes ago, Mineejv said:

Thank you for the link.....great ideas for my Victorian house Kitchen. My mother- in-law who is 92 had a Pink refrigerator in the 70's, that had double doors on the top with counter space in the middle and the freezer on the bottom that was a draw type freezer. I'd like to try to make that for my kitchen. Will see....

Fascinating! I don't suppose there are any photos, are there?

11 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

The fridge is part of the set of the old time wringer washer and the 1920s stove. They're all made out of metal and they've always been about $50 or so. Keep looking though. Every now and then someone puts one up on eBay for less money.

Wasn't there a "Jackie Kerr Dieber" line of those metal appliances? I have the stove. Love it.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

My mother- in-law who is 92 had a Pink refrigerator in the 70's, that had double doors on the top with counter space in the middle and the freezer on the bottom that was a draw type freezer.

Did it look anything like this?  http://retrorenovation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ge-refrigeration-center.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Wow, what a unit!

Isn't it amazing?  Retro Renovations did a whole article on wall refrigerator/freezers, which I never knew until today were even a thing.  As the article says, 'It will blow your mind."  It definitely blew mine.  http://retrorenovation.com/2013/04/08/ge-wall-refrigerator-freezer/

• Like 1

It looked like that but, it was half the size with only one freezer on the bottom and it didn't have the sliding doors on the shelf. I'll have to get out the baby pictures of the kids.I know there's some of them in the kitchen. I like that big one  and I want to do a pink kitchen sooo.....  Gram as we call her, did her kitchen over a few years back in pink but no appliances . Now that I'm thinking of it she had a pink dishwasher and a pink stove. Thanks for the links and how old I'm getting. They were GE too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

No, when I finally bit the bullet and bought the set from HBS they were $35USD for the fridge & stove the sink was $20USD.  I was very glad when, soon after, their prices shot up to what they are now.

I sometimes wish for a RL Hoosier cabinet!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, havanaholly said:

No, when I finally bit the bullet and bought the set from HBS they were $35USD for the fridge & stove the sink was $20USD.  I was very glad when, soon after, their prices shot up to what they are now.

I sometimes wish for a RL Hoosier cabinet!

I inherited one from my Aunt; Or rather it was offered to me when her estate was divided. At the time, I didn't know what I was saying yes to. It doesn't have the pull down flour bin any longer but there are new replacement parts available for it. I use it for a cabinet to hold linens etc. They are a neat part of Americana.