dura craft

Beulah

Consider the depth of your walls too.. If you have an mdf duracraft the wall depth is compatible to pre-made windows. I think if you have one with the slot style walls you will need to pad your walls. Check out Otterine's Haunted Heritage.. she had much success using pre-made windows, but there was preparation and planning involved. :)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=70544&browse=1

Having a hobby table saw has been very helpful for this. I've had to cut the thickness down because I didn't want to pad my walls. I've also had to increase the thickness of the stock Windows and doors for the stone house by 1/2" due to the added depth of the stone I used.

• Like 1

well I do know that @samusa has cut down the trim on doors to make them accommodate the lack of thickness and there is a few doors from China that fit the width but you have to cut out for the height and modify the trim ...but the doors are nice just haven't found windows

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

well I do know that @samusa has cut down the trim on doors to make them accommodate the lack of thickness and there is a few doors from China that fit the width but you have to cut out for the height and modify the trim ...but the doors are nice just haven't found windows

LOL.. I forgot I did that.... eek... early age related memory loss??... :D

Yes so I did cut down the inside frame of a door to fit my San Franciscan. https://blueprintminis.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/so-when-i-bought-this-door-it-didn-fit.html

I have a 557 which is MDF so I didn't need to modify the depth.. but I'm sure you could cut it down also.