Hello from near Vancouver BC Canada

Hi, thank you for the lovely welcome. I am working on a DHE Grosvenor Hall. I have the shell all up and it is primed. All the staircases are put together as are all the railings but I have to paint and stain those yet. I have been ordering from all over and now have all my wallpapers, lights,ceiling papers, crown moldings, base boards etc , I am just waiting for tiles for the entrance hall and wood flooring to arrive, also slate for the roof and various bricks I need. I have bought a Phoenix kit to build a kitchen range and intend to make a brick nook for it to sit in. I have been collecting Xacto House of  Miniature kits for years and will make my own furniture with them. Just going through designs to needlepoint the dining chairs. I plan to have a Scottish room in it with a porcelain Sean Connery as my game keeper. I make my own  porcelain dolls so can make him a bit more chunkly with muscles so his kilt looks good.  I did a Greenleaf some years ago, a Pierce but I didn't like the punched out ply so I didn't keep itI also bought a used 1930 ish house on e bay UK this week and intend re doing it with, chintz, brass, oak beams etc.Anyway that is what I am up to..I shall look forward to meeting you allJeannine

• Like 1

Oh Jeannine I can't wait to see your Scottish house and Sean in a Kilt.  My heritage is Scottish, My grandmother came over as an orphan child, and we are going there next year.  Now I need to check out what DHE Grosvenor Hall looks like. I am nosey lol.  

The Grosvenor Hall will make you drool, Joanne.  Jeannine, did you get the basement with it?  I was in lust for many years for the Charles Rennie Mackintosh house (now out of production, I believe) from DHE, but after my one experience building a MDF roombox I far prefer to work with wood, and I love working with the Greenleaf kits because the thin plywood and tabs & slots are so lovely to tweak for bashing.

• Like 1

Oh yes Holly, The Grosvenor Hall is amazing.  It was my first time looking at the DHE site.  Such a newbie yet lol.  Actually I still don't know the difference of MDF or wood.  The little Greenleaf Orchid drove me nuts because it was so thin lol. Oh all our little quirky differences are so much fun to listen to.  I should give Greenleaf another try, it was fun to diddle with once I had it together. :) 

Hi yes I did get the basement, thinking of making a dew changes to it but not decided.I do like the fact that it is closed backed and I prefer the MDF. When I built the plywood one years ago it had all kinds of Gingerbread trim which looked super on the box but no matter how long I tried I could not get it to look like finished wood, maybe there is a trick to that but I couldn't make it the way I wanted it. I love the designs on many of them too but it is that plywood.

Joanne what part of Scotland are you going to? My husband is from Aberdeen hence the Scottish room. I am from Yorkshire.

I have to figure out how to do pictures, I can take one from the net and put it into my computer than I can load that but I don't know how to do it from a camera. My husband was the photographer.computer man but sadly he is in care now with late stage Alzeimers so I have to learn all these things myself.

He bought me Grosvenor Hall 5 years ago, the plan was to do it together but he got worse very quickly and I didn't start it till a few weeks ago.

I was hesitant to join this forum as it is  Greenleaf one but after reading a bit it would appear that it is for more than just that one brand.

Maybe I could learn how you folks handle the roughness of the ply and I will have another go. My maiden name is Fairfield and I wanted to tackle a little house so maybe I can rethink it with a bit of help.

Holly, Grosvenor is a very impressive house but I have to admit I am not keen on the basement, if I change it I may like it better but I have already assembled it and not sure if I can take it apart. WE will see though

Nice to meet some of you

Jeannine

Jeannine, my grandmother was from Coupar Angus.  She was at the Quarriers Children's Home.  I would to take a guided tour and then if we could rent a car and just tour around.  I am waiting for bunion surgery, so we could not go this year.  I bought a beautiful long plaid Scottish dress and blouse at a fair here, and plan to wear it at Christmas.  lol. Yes I want a Scottish room too, maybe in my Heritage house I will build.  

Hi Goldenrod, it was expensive but it looked like everything I wanted and I only planned on one, however it has disappointed me on a couple of things that were not obvious just looking at pictures, so that yearning for the perfect house has not gone away.

Perhaps it never will. LOL

Beulah that is a sweetie, I could use him as a gardener right now.

Have you been to Scotland before?  If not don't forget they drive on the other side of the road. B&B is a great way to tour by the way especially in Scotland. We did it ourselves about in the late eighties, my husband had not been back so we toured Scotland for a few weeks, we stayed in hotels some of the time  but the B&B was much better.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Jeannine. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your house.

Remember - there are lots of youtube how-tos for learning to take & post pictures (and a lot of other things).