New member from Minnesota

Normiu

Hello all,

My name is Norma, I am a miniatures lovers, but never had the opportunity to build one. I own a RGT Allison Jr. Kit, which so far I have dried built, and on my way to get another kit to kit bashed it. I know is too much for someone who has never built a dollhouse, but I want this to be one I feel happy about. 

I am excited to be part of this forum, and to learn from all of you.

Norma

Edited by Normiu
  • Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017‎ ‎8‎:‎59‎:‎20‎, Normiu said:

...I know is too much for someone who has never built a dollhouse, but I want this to be one I feel happy about...

Not too much. 

17 minutes ago, Summersethomes said:

...I dont know that I could handle something that big.

You can do anything you want to.  As Tracy/ MinisontheEdge says, inch by inch it' a cinch, but by the yard it's hard.

• Like 3

Welcome, Norma--

I grew up in southwestern Minnesota, although I live in northern California now.  (Much warmer, except in the summer.)  :)

I think RGT homes go together quite well.  Yes, it's big, but the parts on RGT houses tend to be well made and fit together cleanly.  It looks as though the siding is already milled in.  I think it will be just fine, even for a beginner.  In fact, I think RGT houses are great for beginners.

Good luck!  I hope it turns out well for you.

Hi, Norma, Welcome!!

The Alison Jr. is a nice house. Very sturdy. I bought one partially built on CL and finished it. It is a large project but I think the RGT houses have pretty good directions (though I always have to read them over several times). Also, the windows go in very easily, too. When I begin a new house, I am always overwhelmed with all the pieces and prep needed, but then the excitement just takes over. 

• Like 1