My fireplace :to paint or not

Mineejv

I've have this fireplace, I'm wondering if I paint it will the marbling show through the paint? If it doesn't is there something else I could use? It's made out of a plaster but with a smooth finish.... I like the look of the marbling,so I'd like to see if I can keep it....My photos 

Well I can't get my photo to send with this.......      """Y"""can't it be easier to post pictures?

If by "marbling" you mean a vein of color,  then the paint will cover it.  Otherwise, if you mean a raised type of texture then your paint should be fine. 

Try to post the photo in the Gallery and attach the link here.

The marbling is in it...... Maybe if I put a varnish on??  

I sent the picture from my phone to my lPad , I didn't save it. I think that's why I couldn't get the picture...I don't know what URL mean? I know I'm a dumb dumb when it comes to any computer stuff...      Fingers crossed it works!

image.jpeg

Aha!  You can seal it with an acrylic sealer.  Depending on the finish you want for the marble you can go with either a glossy or semi-gloss finish sealer, keeping in mind how a high gloss finish will photograph if you use a flash.  You can get the aerosol acrylic sealers in art supply stores.

If you take a look towards the top of your screen (on the left side on my computer) there is a site address, sometimes showing http://www.; that is the url for the site you are on.

Joanne, are you saying you want to change the color but leave the marbleing? In that case you can try putting on a transparent color glaze. I usually just thin down acrylic paints with water and brush them on, but I know I've seen a bottle of something in the craft store that's meant to change craft paint into a stain - same sort of thing. 

See the bar on the iPad that says what Internet site you are on? Currently it should say "greenleafdollhouses.com". That is the URL. Put your finger on that bar and the word "copy" comes up, touch "copy". Then go to where you want to insert the link and touch your finger there until the word "paste" appears. Touch the word "paste". Then the link should appear. This is the URL link to this page:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=40680

Ms. Maine: I think I have some of that stain,I'm going to try it . Thanks for letting me know that... I like the look of the marbling so,I would like to see if I can get it to show though....

l have a place in Livermore, my Daughter live's in East Livermore. We go up there a lot. Miss it this time of year!!  I'm in Florida.  Your a good story teller....

Sable: I think l'm understanding that ??  Will see when I go to do it.... Thank you.