NAME Convention Alexandria VA

Wow! This is less than a mile from my house, and I'll be teaching summer school about a block away.  I'm not signed up to attend, but I will definitely stop by for the public vendor sales on Saturday or Sunday.  Thanks for posting this.

PS: I'd like to meet a fellow miniaturist if you would like to get together sometime.

43 minutes ago, Khadi said:

Wow! This is less than a mile from my house, and I'll be teaching summer school about a block away.  I'm not signed up to attend, but I will definitely stop by for the public vendor sales on Saturday or Sunday.  Thanks for posting this.

PS: I'd like to meet a fellow miniaturist if you would like to get together sometime.

Let me know which day you'll be coming to the Sale.  I'd love to meet any Greenleaf members. I live in Florida so I'm going to the convention to represent our club since I am club president. I noticed you have a club in Alexandria. Here is more info on it:

https://miniatures.org/clubs

• Like 1

While deciding what I want to pack for the trip, my mind keeps saying navy pants, white blouse and navy sweater. It just dawned on me that I lived in Fairfax in the 60's ( just down the road from Alexandria) from 1st through 6th grade and went to Catholic school. All I ever wore was a navy uniform.  Thankfully, I don't own any saddle shoes.

• Like 3

I'd suggest foregoing the navy sweater with the temperatures this summer. LOL    

Thanks for the information on the club.  I was wondering if there was anything in this area.  I'm not quite sure of my schedule for next weekend, but I'll send you a message to let you know day, I'll be coming.  

Ive been working on the gift exchange and table favors my assigned banquet dinner table will be having. I'm to bring 9 $3 to $5 items and one $10 to $12 item. So I'm making 9 beehives and a rocking horse. Can't wait to see the goodies I will be receiving.

image.jpeg

Here is a link to the beehives:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=129166

thank  you Sable for posting the Miniature Organization link.  The nearest to me is in Ft. Worth, I wonder if there is enough people here to start one closer to Denton, Flower Mound Area?  

4 hours ago, Anna said:

The beehives look great, what did you use to make them? Loooove the rocking horse too!

Paperclay rolled out into a thread. Then I wrapped it around a thimble. Let it dry for a couple of days.  Painted it, applied a wash and clear nail polish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beulah said:

thank  you Sable for posting the Miniature Organization link.  The nearest to me is in Ft. Worth, I wonder if there is enough people here to start one closer to Denton, Flower Mound Area?  

Maybe contact the Ft Worth people. They might have a list of people in your area whom have previously shown interest. You might also ask them if you could be their Sister group and they might send you extra kits and supplies.  You also might put an ad in your local weekly paper or on Nextdoor, a neighborhood forum. Good luck.

• Like 1

I decided the beehives need to be wrapped in cute packaging. I spent the evening trying to create boxes out of card stock. I'm giving up. I guess I'll try looking for premade ones at the various craft stores tomorrow.

On July 21, 2017 at 10:56:15 PM, Khadi said:

I'd suggest foregoing the navy sweater with the temperatures this summer. LOL    

Thanks for the information on the club.  I was wondering if there was anything in this area.  I'm not quite sure of my schedule for next weekend, but I'll send you a message to let you know day, I'll be coming.  

If we don't connect before the weekend, I'm 5'8" tall, very thin with short gray hair and a bandage covers my nose. 

4 minutes ago, Sable said:

I decided the beehives need to be wrapped in cute packaging. I spent the evening trying to create boxes out of card stock. I'm giving up. I guess I'll try looking for premade ones at the various craft stores tomorrow.

Look in the wedding section at Michael's. I believe I saw some nice little white boxes there. You could draw some lines on them to make them look like beehives. So a skep in a box hive ... hehehehehe :) 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017, 11:26:36, Sable said:

If we don't connect before the weekend, I'm 5'8" tall, very thin with short gray hair and a bandage covers my nose. 

I didn't make it today.  I had to clean up water in my laundry room from all of the rain on Friday.  I have something to do tomorrow during the day but will try to stop by on my way home.  I hope you're having a good time.