Chantilly

Thimble Hall

It's a Greenleaf kit, and if it's the laser-cut version it will practically build itself, although you may want to lightly sand the edges to remove the soot from the laser cutting.

It's a nice house. The rooms are bigger than you'd think and it's got a nice layout. I'm finishing up my bash of a half scale Chantilly. You can find photos here

If you search the forum for "Chantilly" you will find numerous examples of this house built by our members. Good luck. Hope you get the house! :) 

• Like 1

I have one (1:12) that is half-finished. I think I haven't finished her because I am enchanted. While I usually donate the houses once finished, I think this house may stay with me... Alas, not a laser-cut, it was purchased a few years ago from CL. 

Well I am sure gonna give it a fair shot. I like the idea I have seen here about making the houses different, like spooky or for fairies or what ever rather than just building them so my brain is working overtime.  The house I am doing now is Georgian, the furniture I am making is mostly Chippendale so very formal. There is a part of me that is like that too but there are other bits of me that are totally different so I can maybe indulge that a little.. oh the potters cottage with minikilns , or the dressmakers residence, the quilting shop, even a junk shop could be fun.

We will see

When I got my Glencroft kit to build and blog for the Team Glencroft building blog I thought oh goody, I can build Miss Marple's cottage.  Wrong!  The kit wanted to become a pub and made no bones about telling me so:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=151  I now have the pub, a Florida Cracker family home somewhere in the Apalachicola National Forest near the Ochlockonee River, a farmhouse, a home for Mr & Mrs Jack Frost (who doubles as Santa Claus in December) and a home goods store under construction, all in 1:12 scale; as well as a Mexican hacienda and a Bar Harbor summer cottage in 1:24.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I like the idea I have seen here about making the houses different, ... 

I've made a houseboat with a 2-story ballroom, pottery shop, Halloween house, an Easter House, a Christmas house, a Mardi Gras float, and Marie Laveau's New Orleans cottage. My first house was a conventional Orchid. I'm working on an 1890s Bohemian Inn and Tavern and a Garden District New Orleans mansion (residence to a Free Man of Color physician and his wife), but obviously "different" steers my wheelhouse. Let your imagination run wild. :D 

• Like 1

Wow to both of you for your imaginations.

Kathie you gave me a wonderful idea but I would have to find the right shaped house.Your residence to a free man of color reminded me of something that is a very big part of me. I grew up in Hull UK where William Wilberforce lived, he was largely responsible for abolishing slavery in the British Empire. There is a museum there about him and his work, as a kid I was drawn to it, I spent weekends there reading everything I could ect,actually that museum regarding slavery played a big part in making me who I am. What a wonderful thing to do. to recreate a Wilberforce museum. A big task but I am gonna do it. Just to find the right house..oh thank you

I have to try and get pictures from my camera ( which I am just learning how to work( onto my computer) My husband was the photographer so I never bothered learning

Thank you all so much for your wonderful ideas and helpp

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

When I got my Glencroft kit to build and blog for the Team Glencroft building blog I thought oh goody, I can build Miss Marple's cottage.  Wrong!  The kit wanted to become a pub and made no bones about telling me so:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=151  I now have the pub, a Florida Cracker family home somewhere in the Apalachicola National Forest near the Ochlockonee River, a farmhouse, a home for Mr & Mrs Jack Frost (who doubles as Santa Claus in December) and a home goods store under construction, all in 1:12 scale; as well as a Mexican hacienda and a Bar Harbor summer cottage in 1:24.

That is funny - mine ended up being Miss Marples' cottage! 

14 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

... What a wonderful thing to do. to recreate a Wilberforce museum. A big task but I am gonna do it. Just to find the right house..oh thank you

Jeannine, what a grand challenge! Will enjoy following your progress.

In your search for the right house, consider bashing (remodeling) by adding or removing bits. My Bohemian Inn is a Greenleaf Pierce, but I'm adding two stories beside the "living room" ell for the kitchen and a bedroom and have done a total bash on the stairs to accommodate the check-in desk and bar. Let your imagination flow. If you can think it, you can build it ought to be embroidered on a pillow. :) 

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

...If you can think it, you can build it ought to be embroidered on a pillow. :) 

My mantra.  Our Finnish member, Susanna, built her Glencroft to be Miss Marple's cottage.

So many wonderful ideas from you all, I knew I should have started this earlier in my life. I have always done things in miniature, sewing,dolls, bears I got down to 3/4 inch then knitted sweaters for them, etc etc but the house thing just sat in the corner of my mind, oh an English pub with handmade pub grub ..I won't sleep tonight.

Oh and I almost forgot, I bought a finished house on UK ebay a few weeks ago that needed a bit of love and it arrived today. not what was described but...  sort of 1930 typical English 4 bay windowed house. I fancied doing it with beams, chintz, brass, brick fireplace and mock Tudor furniture, maybe it could become a pub!!

• Like 2