Starting 1980 Monroe, missing few pieces

seahope

Hello community! I recently purchased a 1980s Monroe dollhouse kit from my local thrift store. The kit is almost complete, but I missing sheet 9. Does anyone know how I could find replacement pieces?

I've been a long time fan of miniatures but this is my first kit!

Welcome to the forum

I don't think the house is in production any longer.

You might have to wait for one to come up on eBay,....Can you tell what sheet 9 consisted of on the directions? Could you fashion the missing pieces?

You could try to call Greenleaf and see if they have any replacement sheets. I don't know if they keep old stock around, but it might be worth a try.

If you don't have any luck, you could try another house. Greenleaf has some nice reasonably priced houses.

3 hours ago, seahope said:

Hello community! I recently purchased a 1980s Monroe dollhouse kit from my local thrift store. The kit is almost complete, but I missing sheet 9. Does anyone know how I could find replacement pieces?

I've been a long time fan of miniatures but this is my first kit!

At the very bottom of this page, below the last post, to the right of the word "Theme" there is a Contact Us" button; or you can go to this page:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/about-us/greenleaf_dollhouse.html and at the bottom on the left is all the contact information you need to ask Greenleaf about the missing sheet of wood for your kit.

It would be nice if you could post us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Can you tell what sheet 9 consisted of on the directions? Could you fashion the missing pieces?

You could try to call Greenleaf and see if they have any replacement sheets. I don't know if they keep old stock around, but it might be worth a try.

My missing sheet had pieces for the foundation, roof, and trim. I have the (disintegrating) directions, but I don't know what the length of anything should have been, nor do I have the ability to cut detailed wood pieces.

I tried looking in the FAQ but the links were broken, so I just sent off an email to Greenleaf asking if there is a way I could get a replacement sheet.

Thanks for the suggestions =)

• Like 1

Once you dry fit the remaining kit parts together you may be able to figure out how to cobble replacements, or someone with an unbuilt kit might be able to trace the missing pieces and send you the tracings to cut new ones.  We use the Personal Message feature here to share email, snail mail and other personal contact info.

The gables, roof trim and foundation I can, but  I didn't use some of the the window trim so I threw them out. I do have the round and hexagon window trim so it's only the rectangle one you would need and you can measure the windows for those. I just need your address. 

• Like 1

For window trim (which I have also made from scratch) I use 1/4" x 1/16" stripwood, laying it along one side of the window and marking where to cut it; once the two side pieces are in place I lay the remainder of the strip along the top & bottom, and mark where to cut those.

• Like 1