Hello from CA

seahope

Hello, 

Last week I bought a 1980 Monroe kit at a thrift store. I've ALWAYS loved miniatures, but this is my first build. In the past, my style was more Victorian but I've recently veered towards a more contemporary look. I'm currently inspired by the farmhouse style in "Fixer Upper". I bought paint today and have a pinterest board dedicated to home decor for this dollhouse. My SO and I eventually intend on starting a tumbler together where his Gundam models have domestic scenes in my 1/12 miniatures. I really need to go to bed because I have work in less than six hours, but I'm just so excited about my house!

• Like 5

Welcome to the little family, Martha.  It sounds like your Monroe is already speaking to you.  I'm sort of partial to the first half of the last century, especially the period between World Wars, for decorating my little houses, but also go for mid-century as well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Summersethomes said:

Hello and welcome to the forum, after a few post you can post photos of your house and keep up with your progress on the galllery

Hugs

Marisa

After five posts she can make an album of her build in the Gallery.

• Like 1