photos

Beulah

1 hour ago, Beulah said:

I keep seeing this pop up, and when I go to settings there is nothing there to let me change what they want me to do. Any answers please 

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.29.27 AM.png

I noticed this also now appears in Kelly's posts.

I checked on this, because I had a photobucket account which I haven't used for a couple of years. I found a long list of people complaining about this issue.  It seems Photobucket now wants a bunch of money. I can't remember which link I used to insert pictures on forums, so I'm trying both here to see what comes up.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ruhappynow/media/res_zpsrjrbsscz.jpg.html

res_zpsrjrbsscz.jpg

Yes, photobucket have changed their terms of agreement.. you can no longer hotlink your photos to third party sites without buying a subscription.. there is a lot of buzz on the interweb about this issue.. because they did it without warning breaking links all over the net. Ebay users were particularly miffed because it broke links mid auction meaning no pictures. It's not a cheap sub either. I'd suggest moving pics to flickr or another free photo site if you don't want to pay. You can still upload to photobucket for free, you just can't share.

I checked it out - they want $399 to let you use third party hosting. I don't know what to do to get the thing off my posts here. It's been there every day and when I close Pale Moon at the end of the day before I turn my computer off, that automatically clears cookies. So clearing cookies doesn't take it off.

I guess I can see their point, though. Plus, a lot of people use the pictures that are on Photobucket, but instead of saving and uploading them to their own computers, they link back and that is probably an issue as well.

For a lot of forums, though, using Photobucket to host third party posts was the only way to post pictures.

I think I'm going to invest in a large thumb drive and save all my pictures on Photobucket to that. I won't take them down off Photobucket just yet, but I can see the day coming when they will start charging just to keep an account there. I don't want to be stuck and have my 5000+ photos go missing in that case.

EDIT: Never mind - I figured it out. You just have to go to your setting and then to your signature and erase the their message. And now I notice Photobucket is also not letting people have access if they don't have their Adblocker turned off. I'm starting to be not happy with them.

17 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I checked it out - they want $399 to let you use third party hosting. I don't know what to do to get the thing off my posts here. It's been there every day and when I close Pale Moon at the end of the day before I turn my computer off, that automatically clears cookies. So clearing cookies doesn't take it off.

I guess I can see their point, though. Plus, a lot of people use the pictures that are on Photobucket, but instead of saving and uploading them to their own computers, they link back and that is probably an issue as well.

For a lot of forums, though, using Photobucket to host third party posts was the only way to post pictures.

I think I'm going to invest in a large thumb drive and save all my pictures on Photobucket to that. I won't take them down off Photobucket just yet, but I can see the day coming when they will start charging just to keep an account there. I don't want to be stuck and have my 5000+ photos go missing in that case.

EDIT: Never mind - I figured it out. You just have to go to your setting and then to your signature and erase the their message. And now I notice Photobucket is also not letting people have access if they don't have their Adblocker turned off. I'm starting to be not happy with them.

The way my son explained it is that a hacker could hack into your 5000 photos and post them to thousands of sites causing photobucket's system to crash. So it's really not their fault, it's a side effect of the Internet  still being in its infancy trying to cope with  the bad guys.

3 hours ago, Sable said:

They way my son explained it is that a hacker could hack into your 5000 photos and post them to thousands of sites causing photobucket's system to crash. So it's really not their fault, it's a side effect of the Internet  still being in its infancy trying to cope with  the bad guys.

I don't know if it would be a hacker. It could be something as simple as a photo going viral.

3 hours ago, Beulah said:

oh for God's sake I don't even know what a photo bucket is LOL.  Looks like I won't see a lot of things, but that is ok.  I know your all still here  

Photobucket.com is a website where you can post photos. I have a collection of smilies and other photos that I've picked up as I surfed the net. I'm anal, so I have all mine sorted by category. You can see them here:

http://s102.photobucket.com/user/rodentraiser/library/

Yay. :/ Glad we have an external hard drive for storing photos, but I still have a lot on Photobucket that I apparently need to move off. They also changed their app and I haven't been able to back my cell phone pictures up to their site since sometime last year. I thought it was an issue on my end but now I'm wondering. Oh well.