In Search Of Furniture

Kara

Hello everyone! I have recently finished my first dollhouse and am now starting the search to furnish it. I was wondering if anyone had any websites that they use and knew that these sites were reliable. Also if anyone knows of some chain craft stores that might have good supplies please let me know! Thanks! 

• Like 1

Sorry I missed your intro in the Newcomers' Forum.  I make almost all of the furniture, etc, that I put into my houses.  In addition to some of the books discussed in the pinned topic here there is Kris' site online:  http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/  Kits are a great way to get started to build.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grazhina said:

Unfortunately Lee's Line has gone out of business and no longer making miniatures.

That is unfortunate. I still see some of their items at doll house shops. Excess inventory, I guess.

For supplies - it depends. For tools I have found some great stuff at micromark. For paint, glue,  and things, I tend to go to my hardware store or the craft store chains like Michaels or Joannes. For wallpaper I have had good luck on ebay. For wood trims and specific mini stuff - I have had a nice experience with Manchester Dollhouse - http://stores.ebay.com/Manchester-Dollhouse-and-Wood-Works

I agree on Dejoux and Earth & Tree.  I also like Mountain Miniatures and Oakridge Hobbies.  Mountain Miniatures is a little more pricey but has some nice, unique things.  Oakridge Hobbies tends to have the best prices and a broad selection, although they take a little longer (a few days generally) to ship.

2 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

I agree on Dejoux and Earth & Tree.  I also like Mountain Miniatures and Oakridge Hobbies.  Mountain Miniatures is a little more pricey but has some nice, unique things.  Oakridge Hobbies tends to have the best prices and a broad selection, although they take a little longer (a few days generally) to ship.

Oh yes - I like Mountain Miniatures and Oakridge, too! There are so many nice dealers out there.

• 3 weeks later...
On July 19, 2017 at 9:39:20 AM, grazhina said:

Unfortunately Lee's Line has gone out of business and no longer making miniatures.

I contacted the owner of Lees Line and she stated she is still in business. I highly recommend her products.

Kara, it depends on your budget and desire to do it yourself, and if children will be allowed to play with the furnishings.  Some people get sticker shock when they start shopping for mini furniture, if that happens don't despair, there is a very large secondary market on eBay and good sellers there too just check feedback. Furniture kits are great but if kids will be playing with the house I'd recommend the clunkier type stuff sold at Hobby Lobby, or looking for an older furniture lot on eBay.