front opening

Beulah

That would be a very difficult house to hinge. If you want keep the porch you would have to hinge it on the right side and the entire front would open toward the right by the tower. The house is 40" long so you would need a table 8' long if you want to fully open it.  The roof line overhangs the front so opening it wouldn't work unless you modified the top front wall. How would you deal with the top floor? Hinge the roof?  Do you have a table saw? Way too complicated. There is another similar house kit which is similar to what you are looking for with a front opening. I'll see if I can find it.

edit: I forgot it's 1/16th scale. But you can see what you would have to do in order to modify the Glenwood:

http://www.dollshouse.com/the-exmouth-cream-dolls-house

• Like 1

Yes, I was wanting the RGT Victorian, then I saw the Glenwood with the round porch.  And Sable the 1/16 you are talking about is the same as the 1" scale Victorian we are talking about.  The Allison just doesn't ring my bell lol.  Wonder if I can add a round porch at the bottom right of the Victorian, oh decisions decisions lol. Thank you all 

1 minute ago, Beulah said:

And Sable the 1/16 you are talking about is the same as the 1" scale Victorian we are talking about.

I know. It's my favorite dream house. That's why I was familiar with what you want to do. I've thought about it a lot.  

• Like 1

For some weird reason I thought the bay window on the Glenwood was partially front opening, like the Foxhall bay windows.

This is an RGT house that is completely front opening, but it's a pick up only and RGT has discontinued it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-KIT/172769331758?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D5112dde2bee941998cd6b9c0bdab0278%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D322595273484

• Like 1

Maybe try the British built dollhouses. They are mostly front opening. I'm not sure if you have a dealer in the US that sells them though.

Or you could try the RGT colonial still sold at mottsminis

I think you could do it, but it would take some work. Instead of hinging the front, just make it removable. If it was me doing it, I'd make the round porch removable, then the front panel removable (right side only, not the bay). The right roof I'd cut vertically where the valley (?) meets the front roof so that the roof front lifted up (hinge that). Then I'd make the left side open as a separate panel again, same as the front, and the left side roof the same as the front roof. Hope that makes sense! 

You could use magnets to keep the panels on. Where there's a will there's a way!

• Like 1

Thank's Shannon, I will ponder that for sure.  Holly, I believe the Bay Areas are already opening.  Will have to check again.  Going to check that out now Sarah. Thank you ladies.  I was awake half the night thinking about this or just getting the Front Opening Country Victorian, and maybe adding a round porch to the side of it lol