Real Good Toys?

rodentraiser

Has anyone noticed that RGT has discontinued a ton of their houses lately?

The only houses left are either the really small ones or the really large ones. The only houses with a tower offered for sale is the Altamont and the Aliison, Jr. I'm beginning to wonder if they are just waiting to sell their last houses before closing down. It would make sense. They probably don't sell as many large houses as fast as they sell small houses and they probably ordered more small houses than large houses, which is why they have so many left.

• Like 1

I haven't been in the hobby long enough to notices changes. I hope not.

I have been getting promotional emails of sales notices. There was a 25% off sale a month or so ago. It would be a shame if they are having trouble. Their large houses are definitely a financial investment. Hopefully they are just taking the company in a different direction.

• Like 1

We did a road trip from Florida to Maine in June to pick up the Grandkids for the Summer. We went to upper New York and then Thur Vermont,New Hampshire to Maine..... I've done this same trip before,so this year I decided to stop in Burlington Vermont at RGT'S because I've never been there,,,,, ""Well I was a year to later"" they closed last July,moved to Montpelier and there not opened to the public. The web site says they are still opened in Burlington.  So maybe they are closing????

• Like 2

IS the Alison Jr from HBS and Hobby Lobby the same kit? Because if it is, I don't get the huge difference in price. HL kit with the 40% coupon is $90 + tax,  while HBS kit with the clearance discount of 25% is still $180 + tax, double price....

• Like 1

I still have 2 of the beach side bungalow kits.  I guess I'll wait until after the move to put them together.  It's going to be hard enough to move the 40 or so I have.  The Glencroft goes to Little Rock tomorrow I hope. (If my stomach will let me finish shingleing it)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, minilover62 said:

IS the Alison Jr from HBS and Hobby Lobby the same kit? Because if it is, I don't get the huge difference in price. HL kit with the 40% coupon is $90 + tax,  while HBS kit with the clearance discount of 25% is still $180 + tax, double price....

I'm sure it is.

I know, the price difference between some houses is amazing to me also. That's why I'd look around if I wanted a house. And if you're willing to wait, a lot of kits come up on eBay that are much cheaper than on the RGT site, which might be one of the reason they're cutting back. For instance, Victoria's Farmhouse. I think that's hundreds of dollars on RGT, yet I've seen them for only $50 on eBay and on Craig's List. The front opening Greenacres kit is/was something like $400 to $500 on the RGT site, yet someone is selling one on eBay for only $200. And the Newport, which is over $400 on RGT, has been offered for sale on eBay for only $200 and recently there was one in my area for $100.