Regarding the Greenleaf villages

Thimble Hall

I am aware of the village, the town and the ski village but I have seen others advertised which must be retired as they are not "in the shop".. I believe they used to come in two's eg the shop / rail depot and the firehall /gazebo. Does anyone know of any others please as I would like to look out for them. One question. Would the shop/rail depot pair be the ones that are in the current kits or are they different designs. There is a rail depot and store in the city kit and there is also a firehall and gazebo in there. I don't want to end up with duplicates.

Thank you Jeannine

You can get the town here : http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/All-Wood-Miniature-Greenleaf-Town-Dollhouse-Kit.html#

you can get the village here :  http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/All-Wood-Miniature-Greenleaf-Village-Dollhouse-Kit.html

Also they still carry one of the The Corona Villages here : http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/All-Wood-Miniature-Pine-Mountain-Village-Dollhouse-Kit.html

* edit * the Corona Village is out of stock right now. 

Thank you, someone near me has 3 double kits for sale gazebo and firehall, the  train depot and store, and finally  the library and shop. I guess Greenleaf  put all of these together in one six pack set as the Town set.

Tracy you wrote, they still carry one of the Corona villages here.. Was there more than one originally?

8 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Those are so totally cute. They'd be so great around a christmas tree. I didn't realize there was more than one set - so thank you for posting all this!

I think that was their purpose.

6 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

I am waiting for the pine mountain village to come back in stock.  It's not been available for a year

Wouldn't it be totally cool if the village kits were rereleased in laser cut?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Tracy you wrote, they still carry one of the Corona villages here.. Was there more than one originally?

I'll have to look at my old price sheets to be sure. It seems like there were 2 kits. I know Dura Craft had 2 kits also back when they were in business. These are the duracraft ones too. The company went out of business about 10 years ago or more. 07B0A2B9-CB46-4C25-AA16-6F9E7FC15346-258

6E53EE74-CD2F-4D40-B3DD-0DAC9C849F70-258

1 hour ago, Minis On The Edge said:

I'll have to look at my old price sheets to be sure. It seems like there were 2 kits. I know Dura Craft had 2 kits also back when they were in business. These are the duracraft ones too. The company went out of business about 10 years ago or more. 07B0A2B9-CB46-4C25-AA16-6F9E7FC15346-258

I have those.   I put one building together...sorta.  they are smaller than the greenleaf villages.  Somewhere between 1/48  & 1/144.  Im not familiar with railroad scale, but ut is one of those sizes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

I have those.   I put one building together...sorta.  they are smaller than the greenleaf villages.  Somewhere between 1/48  & 1/144.  Im not familiar with railroad scale, but ut is one of those sizes. 

HO is approximately 1:87 in scale. So it's smaller than 1:48 which is what I understand the Greanleaf village kits to be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Minis On The Edge said:

Those are HO Scale (1:87)! I wish they were O scale (1:48)!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

For some reason, I cannot wrap my mind around any scale that isn't 12"=1'; my brain just won't go there. I have some little winter scene figurines that belonged to my grandmother. The skating lady is 2 1/4" tall. Would the Greenleaf  kits be the right scale?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, nolephan said:

The skating lady is 2 1/4" tall. Would the Greenleaf  kits be the right scale?

Depends on the Greenleaf kit.  They make kits in both 1:12 and 1:24 scale.  The skating lady sounds closer to 1:24, but would be a little small even for that.  In 1:24 real life, she would be only 4' 6" tall.