The wonder of our GL forum

Selkie

Just want to point out something wonderful. Recently I asked a GL member if they had some schematics and building instructions. They were willing to share but did not have them anymore. It was a very nice conversation between members. 

Now here's the next wonderful part ... Within hours, I had an offer from someone else and just now, I rec'vd a second offer to share the plans.

This community has a value far above the technical advice and ideas we share. There is an underlying sense of camaraderie and caring for one another that is not found anywhere else that I've been part of thus far. 

Thanks to one and all for creating such a great place. 

Please share your great experiences as well. 

• Like 5

I see this community as a multi-dimensional web of kindred spirits. I have been blessed to meet several members in person and have formed a few beloved friendships with members I know only through the forum and the internet. I have the feeling that should we all one day find ourselves in the same space, the atmosphere would be that of a family reunion. Big hugs all around! :)  

• Like 5

It is indeed a place where one meet life long friends eventhough when one live wayyyy off like me over here in Sweden, the spirit is welcoming and sharing as well as caring, the kind of family one choose to belong to so to speak.

• Like 2

And let's not forget to heap praise on the admins and mods who keep us safe from spammers and the odd twisted soul who may find the way in here now and then. :clap::clap::clap: 

• Like 4

This really is a wonderful forum.  I have learned so much here and enjoyed seeing so much amazing work and inspiration.  I've also been on mail lists over the years that have erupted into really nasty flame wars at times, and I never see that here.  I am very thankful to the mods and the members of this forum for that.  

• Like 3

I feel like I have a group of friends around the world who "get it." It doesn't matter your budget or skill level, everyone here is welcome, and we all enjoy cheering each other on, getting helpful advice and ideas, sharing our work, asking and answering questions.

• Like 2

OH yes indeed, everyone here is so helpful, even if I have a question that seems silly, no one seems to mind.  I have met one lady in real at a miniature show.  This is the first site I check every morning to see what is going on.  You all bring a little joy into my life.  And yes thanks to the admins for all your hard work.  We appreciate it 

• Like 1

The first dh I built (hot glue...) was in the mid 90's and, if there was a forum, I did not know about it - hence, the hot glue. When I completely jumped into this hobby in 2009, I found this forum. Without the support of the wonderful people here, I don't know if I would have ever been successful with my dh builds or even continued to build. Every time I have had a question, people have given me great ideas/support. I check it daily, except for those days during the school year when things are too crazy, and I cherish the camaraderie here. Doll houses have unlocked my imagination and creativity and the "GL Forum People" have played a key part in encouraging me (and all of you put up with my puns!).

• Like 2

Yes and yes again to all the comments above, I am very new here but  I don't feel it, I have read many posts that have touched me, folks cheering other folks on ,giving advice , rather like a great big a  warm blanket of knowledge and caring  that is shared quickly and often in great detail.

I do have a problem though..you folks have given me so many ideas I think my family think I have lost it, having bought 4 kits this week and now the 48 scale is calling me..very loud, by the way,especially because of all the wonderful ideas that are there.

Wonderful forum, beautifully handled ,a treasure to find.

My grateful thanks to you all

Sincerely  XX Jeannine

• Like 1