RGT Front Opening Country Victorian

Beulah

Just ordered my RGT Front Opening Country Victorian, I am so excited.  I got it from Little Kid Stuff, they had a really good price, less than half of some other sites and it is discontinued.

• Like 1

Oh, Joanne, what a letdown! And I had that site marked, too. They have a conservatory there I want that is pretty cheap. I wonder if they'll have that in stock.

I just happened to think, House That Jack Built made a very similar house to the front-opening Victorian called the Katherine. In fact, I like it better because it's a couple inches longer and the kitchen is bigger. Now that house is a little pricy - I'd say it goes for maybe $700+, and it's also expensive to have shipped, since the house comes to you already built. But you might think about adding it to your search parameters and see what happens. I've seen them for a lot less on Craig's List (never in my area, of course), so you never know.

Here's one on Amazon and it's saying free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-House-That-Built/dp/B003AHE0WY

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Oh, Joanne, what a letdown! And I had that site marked, too. They have a conservatory there I want that is pretty cheap. I wonder if they'll have that in stock.

I just happened to think, House That Jack Built made a very similar house to the front-opening Victorian called the Katherine. In fact, I like it better because it's a couple inches longer and the kitchen is bigger. Now that house is a little pricy - I'd say it goes for maybe $700+, and it's also expensive to have shipped, since the house comes to you already built. But you might think about adding it to your search parameters and see what happens. I've seen them for a lot less on Craig's List (never in my area, of course), so you never know.

Here's one on Amazon and it's saying free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-House-That-Built/dp/B003AHE0WY

It's not prebuilt, just the window and door components. I love HJB products.

• Like 1

The Princess Anne is just the same just not front opening, and the Katherine is a little out of my price range,  I like them not pre built, that is the best part lol.  I may just get the Painted Lady at Hobby Lobby with the coupon, I saw an addition to it and it looked good, I would add fancy moldings and omit the hanging balls though.  The main house would be $150.00 which is in my budget lol But thanks for all your help, I do appreciate it, as I have not seen any of the ones you suggested.  

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 4.48.03 PM.png

You can draw your curve on a sheet of paper and cut dowels and glue beads on the ends for that upper trim.  I would lay the dowels along the curve and then take a piece of strip wood nd cut it to length and drill holes for the ends of the dowels, glue them into the strip wood and glue the beads to the other ends of the dowels nd paint the whole assembly when the glue is dry.

• Like 1

Manhattan Dollhouse, has it showing on their website that yes that house has been discontinued by RGT -- but that they still have some in stock. It may be worth it to shoot them an email as they do have sales ever so often that you may be able to get it cheaper than they have it currently listed...

• Like 1