Brambly Hedge wreath scene

WyckedWood

Back in April I had posted looking for ideas to do a mini scene in a Christmas wreath. There is a wreath form for this purpose sold by hbs but it is only a skimpy 3 inches deep. So we were throwing ideas around for forms like hat boxes etc.

Well I think I found the perfect thing...a vintage wooden cheese box. Sturdy and I can add a wall hanger to the back and it's a luxurious 7 inches deep..lots of room to decorate :) I still want to do a Christmas one as well but I've since picked up this copy of Nutshell News Sept '83 and found instructions to make this Brambly Hedge wreath which is pretty irresistible! Of course the company that they direct you to for purchasing the wreath form they used, and even little mouse kits, is long gone. This one I bought  may be too deep but I can't wait to try it out. These old cheese boxes can be spendy but I found one pretty reasonable, about the same price I would have had to pay for the hbs wreath, and they come in different widths and heights and condition. 

In the magazine instructions they gave the width 16 inches but never gave the depth, any guesses as to what this depth might be from looking at the photo? The box I found is 16x7 deep.

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

Yes...I'm thinking since my bigger house that I'm sporadically working on is undergoing an identity crisis at the moment...as soon as my cheese box arrives I will be putting up a do not disturb sign on the craft room door :)