funny question about Willowcrest

Thimble Hall

Hi, I picked up a Willowcrest just a few days ago and now have found a local seller with some other things I would like to buy, it is a job lot , a fairly good deal I think but  trouble is there is  has a partially built  Willowcrest among the lot and won't split .I am told it is barely started.

My question therefore is, if you had 2 Willowcrests would you bash them into one,  should you / could you  and if you could how would you?

You folks are a lot better at kit bashing than I am so would love to hear you ideas.

Thank you

Jeannine

Juditha and I wracked our brains in tandem for a few months trying to work that one out! without, alas, coming up with a satisfactory/ doable plan, and I traded my Willowcrest for another kit.  Maybe Mike will weigh in with a solution.

The house has such beautiful lines as it is, I think instead of putting two together I'd just build two of them...maybe one as a gingerbread house for Christmas display and one traditional.  

Why not put them side by side?  Extend the porch all the way across and close off one of the front doors.  You would have to extend the roof across the same way, but could move the side dormers to the front new extended roof.  Inside it would certainly open up more rooms for larger parlor, dining and an extra bedroom.

I think the main hurdle would be expanding the curved mansard roof. You would have to wet the expanded section and form a new curve around a bottle or something that has the required slope. Not impossible but it could be tricky. Use basswood or balsa, bending it with the grain; not something with glued layers like plywood.

I could see an addition on each side, which would keep the house symmetrical. If you made the side additions less deep than the main house, I think it would work. And if you couldn't work out how to do the curved roof, just make it two stories high. Here is a REALLY terrible picture (I don't have photoshop).

IMG_2566.PNG

Thank you all, I think I have talked myself out of it, the rest of the lot he is offering I could probably find somewhere else anyway so I think I will pass, but some great ideas to file for another day..thank you all.

That kitchen is incredible, I am beginning to think that all miniaturists are not of this world, everywhere we go we see things that will make something else..oh boy that kitchen is very special.

Jeannine