Spindles

Beulah

26 minutes ago, Beulah said:

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen these porch spindles for sale.  If so, do you remember where. Thank you so much 

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 3.19.30 PM.png

Sorry, I see them as either chair less upside down or Table legs, never seen these spindels 

• Like 1

Looks like 50 legs at $2 each. Expensive railing but it's something I would do if I wanted that look bad enough. Like Kathie said, "very clever".

http://www.thelittledollhousecompany.com/dollhouses-miniatures-furniture-kits/components-c-13_175/cabriole-leg-1916-for-dollhouse-scale-models-2-pcs-p-797?zenid=049502fcc7006070c0c0b789a5fe1527

• Like 2

I did contact the owner about one of the turrets he made on this house, and although he couldn't help me out because of the way his turret is designed, he is a really nice person and responded to my email quickly.  I do love their houses.

Turret.jpg.3ec2e6226588041d43dab369fcddb 

• Like 2

Hopefully, he'll have a better price for you.  I was also going to suggest SDK Miniatures.  I know for a while Susan was selling sets of cariole legs by themselves.  Can't find them on her Web site right now, but I know they were less than $3 each!  She does all scales, and it might be worth e-mailing her, depending on the price quote you get from Laser Dollhouse Design.

• Like 1

Joanne, if you draw your cabriole design on one end of a piece of wood the height you want for your spindle someone with a router can quickly cut away the excess, leaving you the strip of wood the shape of your porch spindle; then you would only need to slice off the thickness you want for each spindle.

• Like 1

OH I see what you mean Holly.  Yes that is an idea.  Colleen he is thinking about $12 for 9 inches and there are 23 spindles in that.  That includes the top and bottom rails 

58 minutes ago, Beulah said:

Colleen he is thinking about $12 for 9 inches and there are 23 spindles in that.  That includes the top and bottom rails 

Personally, I don't think that is a bad price.  Heck of a lot better than $3 a spindle.  It looks like he has 10 spindles per section in his porch sections.  Are you going to buy them?  I wonder if he is willing to sell to other folks?  

• Like 1

Here is the link to his eBay sight for the complete rail kits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/porch-rail-set-with-swan-spingles-1-12-scale/182690593995

I purchased my staircases for the Cape May from him.  He is wonderful to work with.  I increased the number of spindles on the stairs and rail landings.  He was prompt in response to my questions, had good pricing and shipped very fast

• Like 3