Hello!

tjb

I have been lurking around the forum since 2009! That's when I started building my doll house. I have always loved miniatures.  When I was about four I had one of those metal houses--Marx, I think.  That "disappeared" in a move but when I was 8 my mom and grandma made the Arrow 10 room Dream House for me.  I had it until I was about 16 and then we sold it. I kept all the furniture and dolls though!

In 2009 I decided I wanted to build my own doll house. Of course I could not find an Arrow Dream House so I decided to bash something similar. I got a Greenleaf Laurel and a DuraCraft Chelsea and bashed away.  I didn't want it to be exactly like the Arrow and really it doesn't look like the Arrow at all. I did keep it in two pieces for easy moving but it is "one" house.

After I finished the build I took a long hiatus but I had purchased a bunch of kits and a couple of months ago the bashed house and some of the kits started talking to me.  I am finishing the decor on the bash and decided not to start a new house until it's done. However, today I won an Artply Allison on eBay and was excited about it as I think I got a good deal.  Typically I would share this with my mom but she will not be happy about it since I already have so many kits!  So I wanted to share and decided it was time to join the forum! 

With the Allison I now have 8 kits waiting to be built.  It's a little crazy and I am sure there is no room in my real house for so many doll houses! Incidentally I did find the Arrow 10 room Dream House on eBay so that is in my stash of houses!

*edited to add: oops! I posted it twice. Sorry!

Edited by tjb
  • Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Tara.  We're so glad you came out of the lurker shadows to join in the fun.  When you have made five posts you can share pictures of your bash & builds in albums.

1 hour ago, tjb said:

With the Allison I now have 8 kits waiting to be built.  It's a little crazy and I am sure there is no room in my real house for so many doll houses! Incidentally I did find the Arrow 10 room Dream House on eBay so that is in my stash of houses!

Welcome to the forum Tara....

You already fit right in with your stash :doctor: It looks like you have miniature fever and it is very contagious.

• Like 1

Welcome to the neighborhood Tara! I still think when you place a kit in a dark area, they multiply :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol. Most of us have a whole lot of kits waiting to be born. You fit right in our neighborhood easily! I also had a metal house when I was a kid! I LOVED it so much and still remember my parents getting it from Sears and my dad putting it together. 

Thanks for all the welcoming messages! I'm excited about becoming a member of the community and having new friends to share my mini obsession/habit/hobby with!