Photos of old fashion, general stores

tilliejam62

Just google 19th century general store. Click images and ta-da! There they are. Call me old fashioned, but I right click a picture I want and click save image as, then send it to my pictures folder on my computer. Personally I don't like Pinterest. I do lots of historic image searches and I keep winding up on peoples Pinterest lists and it's a chore trying to get back to the site where the image originally came from. I get impatient and like things to work the way I want them to work, I guess.

• Like 3

I agree, Pinterest is designed to keep you lost in various rabbit holes and engulfed in eye candy. It is not good for research.

That being said, I love Lawanda's Pinterest boards. She has tons of interesting things in miniature to peruse.

• Like 3

Me too on the google image searching... Having said that, I keep a few boards over on Pinterest to keep my own ideas and inspirations together. :)

I'm a googler to then I'm a pintrester also. When I have a house in mind then I make a pintrest board for it's ideas.  Right now in looking at Victorian/shabby chic styles.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mesp2k said:

To skip Pinterest or any other site(s), add -site: pinterest.com within your search phase.

I went hunting for info, found out that if you place -pinterest in front of your search phrase it won't show pinterest images. Seems to work ok.

• Like 3

Thank you sooooooo  much Matt for the link to the hardware store in Kansas - the photos and video went way beyond inspirational for me.  What an amazing sight to behold.  I saved the link to the site for further reference.  Although my general store(s) are mainly for food, produce, confectionery and baked goods, with just a few hardware items, the photos of the real life store in Kansas are still very inspirational.  I loved the old, cast iron, wood burning stove (got to have that for sure).  It even has a wall clock exactly like the miniature wall clocks I've purchased several times from Miniature.com and other online miniature stores.  Thanks again Matt and all others that responded to my quest. 

Edited by tilliejam62
misspellings