Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Frustrating Gallery

7 posts in this topic

I haven't added a gallery or any pictures for a long time, so I thought I would now. I forgot how extremely frustrating and user-UNfriendly the system is!  I can't delete a duplicate picture - I hit "finish" too soon when uploaded the pictures - I can't get back to edit anything except the introduction.

:cry:I swear this is the LAST time I will try to add anything to a Gallery!  I would like to just delete the whole thing and start over but I can't even do that!!!! 

20 minutes ago, CheckMouse said:

I haven't added a gallery or any pictures for a long time, so I thought I would now. I forgot how extremely frustrating and user-UNfriendly the system is!  I can't delete a duplicate picture - I hit "finish" too soon when uploaded the pictures - I can't get back to edit anything except the introduction.

:cry:I swear this is the LAST time I will try to add anything to a Gallery!  I would like to just delete the whole thing and start over but I can't even do that!!!! 

Well don't say that! We want to see your pictures!.. If you uploaded less than about an hour ago, you can go into each individual image and edit them. I think there is a button that says manage image and the options are hide or edit. You can hide your duplicates or get a mod to delete them and edit the remarks, name and tags on the others. Don't be disheartened. We've all been there with the gallery!:crazyeyes:

1 person likes this

I did try to hide the duplicate picture, and got the error message that I was "not authorized" to do that!  They are MY pictures, My screenname, MY album - but I am not authorized?????

I knew we used to be able to edit individual pictures, and I FINALLY found the link for that.  So frustrating!  I upload pictures to my own website, to Facebook, to Instagram - never have a problem. But with each upgrade here, it gets harder and harder! 

The album is entitled:  Grapeview Bed and Breakfast if you want to see it. I'm through for today - might add more later.

29 minutes ago, CheckMouse said:

I did try to hide the duplicate picture, and got the error message that I was "not authorized" to do that!  They are MY pictures, My screenname, MY album - but I am not authorized?????

I knew we used to be able to edit individual pictures, and I FINALLY found the link for that.  So frustrating!  I upload pictures to my own website, to Facebook, to Instagram - never have a problem. But with each upgrade here, it gets harder and harder! 

The album is entitled:  Grapeview Bed and Breakfast if you want to see it. I'm through for today - might add more later.

Ignore that message.. you have hidden your picture, the message is telling you you can't look at it anymore because it's hidden.. silly I know:rolleyes:  but rest assured it's hidden. :)

2 people like this

This is why I put my projects on my own blog site.   I couldn't figure out how to work the gallery at all!  I love seeing the photos in our gallery so maybe a more experienced person than me can give a few instructions on how to do it correctly.  I would love to keep my  photos in the forum also. 

I find it not so hard to use as long as I remember the key thing: when starting to add a picture, ignore the stuff on the left and click the "use selected album" button. Once I do that, the steps are fairly easy for me to add pictures. If, however, you want a new album for those pictures, don't ignore the stuff on the left, it's basically used to create new albums. Does this help?